oh god i sent him drunken ambien texts!

hers
How To Make Him Feel Guilty Through...
How To Make Him Feel Guilty Through Text

Oh jeez. I need to figure out some damage control. Any help would be appreciated!

So when I take Ambien to sleep, sometimes I, uh, do stupid things. Last night I sent M some very ridiculous texts telling him how cute he is (although misspelled and with words running together, the idea was apparent though). I sent him 4 total. I was watching chitty chitty bang bang and also sent him some lyrics of a song mixed in with how cute he is.

I'm so lame!! He wrote back with some haha and some thanks and some enjoy it while it lasts text, but how do I fix this? Honest to god as I was writing them, I'm thinking "oh this is a good idea! I can blame it on the ambien!" No, I can't. B/c that's so lame!!

Thing is, I told him the other night when we hung out that I send stupid texts when I'm on my trip of ambien and to just ignore them if he ever gets one where I declare my love for me. How lame am I now?? I pretty much told him to expect that and I did it!!!

Geez I'm a weenie. Ah I guess he knows I have a crush on him. Oh I also told him I love his beard again. Lame!!

Help!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man, I hate that movie. Now you've got that song stuck in my head.

You can tell him you're sorry. It doesn't sound like he cares anyway. If he was that upset about it, he wouldn't have responded. I've done similar things while drunk and most people just pass it off as drunken shenanigans. No big deal.

As for the ambien, is there any way you could just take it right before you go to bed? That way you won't be out and about doing things that could embarrass you.

Oh, and has she shown any signs of liking you back? You two need to get this show on the road!

He ddint write back at one of them and I wrote him AGAIN 6 minutes after sending it to say sorry about this and that he was cute again!!

How is it "cute" what I did?? Oh he probably sees me as a moron! Haha I'm laughing about it but I think it's to hide my embarrassment.

I sort of fight the ambien sometimes to feel the trip. I don't do drugs anymore so I guess it's a way to take me back to my stoner days. Honestly, it's fun. But I don't need to lame myself up while tripping on sleeping pills! Ugh...

Jenn got a ridiculous text as well. Sorry, jenn...

>>I sort of fight the ambien sometimes to feel the trip.

I answered your other thread on this... but Ambien has a side effect sometimes of things like this, and they very clearly state if you do this kind of thing, then you need to STOP taking Ambien entirely because people have done serious things like get in a car and drive and kill people accidentally while on Ambien.

If it gives you a little trip, then you are using it like a recreational drug, and it is NOT the medication for you, in fact if the doctor knew it had this effect on you, he wouldn't prescribe it.

Go back to the doctor and get a different kind of sleep medication, or practice other techniques to help you sleep. You shouldn't be using it as a recreational drug, and it is obviuosly doing BAD things for you.

I answered your other thread on this... but Ambien has a side effect sometimes of things like this, and they very clearly state if you do this kind of thing, then you need to STOP taking Ambien entirely because people have done serious things like get in a car and drive and kill people accidentally while on Ambien.

If it gives you a little trip, then you are using it like a recreational drug, and it is NOT the medication for you, in fact if the doctor knew it had this effect on you, he wouldn't prescribe it.

Go back to the doctor and get a different kind of sleep medication, or practice other techniques to help you sleep. You shouldn't be using it as a recreational drug, and it is obviuosly doing BAD things for you.

Wow! I looked this up after this post and the affects can be alarming:

link removed

Some users have reported unexplained link removed while using zolpidem, and a few have reported driving, binge eating, sleep talking, and performing other daily tasks while sleeping. The sleepwalker can sometimes perform these tasks as normally as they might if they were awake. They can sometimes carry on complex conversations and respond appropriately to questions or statements so much so that the observer may believe the sleepwalker to be awake. This is similar to, but unlike, typical sleep talking, which can usually be identified easily and is characterised by incoherent speech that often has no relevance to the situation or that is so disorganised as to be completely unintelligible. These effects make a strong suggestion to link removed, one of many symptoms commonly seen in individuals suffering from link removed. A person under the influence of this medication may seem fully aware of their environment even though they are still asleep. This can bring about concerns for the safety of the sleepwalker and others. These side-effects may be related to the mechanism that also causes zolpidem to produce its link removed properties.link removed

Driving while under the drug's influence is generally considered several orders of magnitude more dangerous than the average drunk driver, due to the diminished motor controls and delusions that may affect the user. It is unclear whether the drug is responsible for the behavior, but a class-action lawsuit was filed against Sanofi-Aventis in March 2006 on behalf of those that reported symptoms.link removed Residual 'hangover' effects such as sleepiness, impaired psychomotor and cognitive after nighttime administration may persist into the next day which may impair the ability of users to drive safely, increase risks of falls and hip fractures.link removed

The link removed in Australia reported on March 4, 2007 that a man who fell 30 meters to his death from a high-rise unit balcony may have been sleepwalking under the influence of Stilnox. The coverage prompted over 40 readers to contact the newspaper with their own accounts of Stilnox-related automatism, and the drug is now under review by the Adverse Drug Reactions Advisory Committee

No b/c when I wrote him again 6 minutes later, he responded after that one.

Yea I know it's no big deal and it saved some waitign and guessing, but I just feel embarrassed that I was too much a weenie to admit it to him and had to do the whole equivalent to drunk dialing him! Classy...

Oh my gosh guys I'm not a drug addict at all geez. I have never gotten in my car and driven on this. the reported stuff is random things that people have done on it but it's not the usual stuff that happens. The most I've ever done is take my cell phone charger out of the wall and put it to rest comfortably on my pillow next to me b/c somehow it seemed appropriate at the time.

I'm a verrrry light sleeper. Anything wakes me up. I live right under a train track. Even when I'm hopped up on ambien, I wake up to that train passing every night. I highly doubt that I'll be driving around and walking out my door naked like some people do. Thanks for the concern though.

I've taken 3 pills in one week. That's hardly habitual I think.

But the point is that many people don't know all that they do on Ambien. So you wouldn't even know it if you did it.

And you are showing many of the warning signs that are considered adverse side effects and dangerous and contraindicators for Ambien, which means you shouldn't take it at all. You haven't gotten in the car and driven or sleep walked off a balcony YET, but it could happen since you are showing the signs of not being in control when taking it.

There are other sleep medications they can give you without these side effects, so you should call your doctor and switch to something else.

And if someeone sent me text messages like you sent me, i'd assume you were drinking way too much, or were taking illegal drugs... it's a side effect of Ambien, but a sign you shouldn't be taking the drug for your own sake and other people's sakes as well.

I have taken Ambien for the last 3 years for chronic insomnia. I am guilty of sending weird texts, random calls in the middle of the night, conversations I don't recall having with my family, appearing naked in the living room only to ask why I was naked in my house, eating food and waking up to find wrappers in my bed and plates on the floor. It's like a running family joke now, "mom took her ambien, let's ask her for some money"....

I have never left my house, driven a car or otherwise done anything where I have harmed myself or others.

I'm not an alcoholic or a drug user. I'm just someone that has suffered from chronic insomnia for years. I'll be honest, I enjoy that trippy feeling as well, but I use it as cue that it is time for bed.

Yes, it also tells me that it's time for bed. I've fallen asleep mid drunken text before. There's no harm taking this pill if you don't overdo it. I take it only when I need to, not b/c I want to trip (although that feeling is fun I will admit).

My point is that if you know you are experiencing adverse side effects like sleepwalking, doing things you don't recall etc., why risk a broken neck from falling down the stairs, or a chance that you hallucinate something and stab a relative or whatever.

Why not just go to the doctor and get a sleep medication that has less risky side effects? I think many people stay on Ambien because they LIKE the trippy effect as a recreational use, which is drug seeking behavior and not related to wanting to get a good night's sleep.

There are other safer medications out there, and strong warnings that if you have these types of episodes while taking Ambien, it could lead to very dangerous activities for oneself and others.

I tried Lunesta before and it was horrible.....left the worst taste in my mouth and I woke up sleepy and more lethargic than ever.

I see the concerns that people have about this, but not everyone that takes the pill is going to run out and drive their car off a cliff. I have been taking it for a long time and haven't experienced any of those heavy duty side effects....

Truth is the only pill that helps me get a tad of sleep and still feel relatively normal the next day is Ambien.

Could we maybe get back on topic and maybe talk about what I should do to make myself look like less of an ass b/c of the texts I sent last night?

Offer him an Ambien and see if he sends the same kind of ridiculous texts back to you so he can see that you aren't really dilusional? j/k

I popped up right at my alarm this morning and have been awake since. I feel fine and don't feel tired. I got only 5 hours of sleep too. Normally, I snooze my alarm anywhere from 1 to 2 hours when I take nothing or if I take tylenol pm. So this makes me feel better the next day and keeps me asleep at night (normally I wake up multiple times at night). I still sleep lightly but only loud noises wake me up instead of waking up naturally instead of for no reason.

i agree. in the grand scheme of things, texting a guy you like telling him he is cute isn't that bad of a thing. probably a little embarrasing, yes, but not awful. however, imagine that you wrote a rude text to your boss instead during your ambien trip!!! you might be fired!!! or worse, like LD said, you could get into your car and who knows what would happen.

i've also heard of people doing some really strange stuff while on an ambien trip. i would stop doing it, and focus on other methods of falling asleep. either natural drugs, or cut back on caffiene, up your diet and exercise.

Man, I hate that movie. Now you've got that song stuck in my head.

You can tell him you're sorry. It doesn't sound like he cares anyway. If he was that upset about it, he wouldn't have responded. I've done similar things while drunk and most people just pass it off as drunken shenanigans. No big deal.

As for the ambien, is there any way you could just take it right before you go to bed? That way you won't be out and about doing things that could embarrass you.

Oh, and has she shown any signs of liking you back? You two need to get this show on the road!

dammit me too. bang bang chitty chitty bang bang!! fudge

anyway, I was gonna say to tell him your phone was stolen, but you already warned him he might get these kinds of texts. Soooooo....don't worry about it now. What's done is done. Laugh it off. He sounds amused. If you want to avoid this in the future, turn off your phone before you take the ambien, or change his name in there to something weird that will make you not want to text it. orrrrrrrrrrr maybe you should FLIPPIN GO TO SLEEP WHEN YOU START SEEING DOUBLE!!!!

Even when I was a child, I had insomnia. It's not easily cured by changing my eating habits (tried it) and cutting back or doing without caffine (done it). It is something I have that I haven't been able to curb. It runs in my family. Most of us all walk around like zombies at night b/c we can't sleep. Sometimes when I really need to sleep, I take a pill. Big deal!

Should I write M though and apologize? Or laugh it off next time I see it? Say nothing at all?

Hers have you tried melatonin. It is a natural sleep aid that can be bought in drug stores, health food stores. Our body should produce it to sleep. Maybe you are deficient in it. My son is and requires it to sleep well. I have taken it and it zonks me out and I can take enough medication to stun an elephant.

Archived