So Over Her...But Keep Being Reminded

civilservant
All I Ever Wanted Was to Love You
All I Ever Wanted Was to Love You

This is just a.... , well, not a rant, just sort of a *sigh* sort of thing.

I broke up with this girl a year ago now, nearly to the day, and it's funny how things conspire to remind you on that day isn't it? I work in an HR department, and yesterday I had to induct a new member of staff. I did not meet this person at interview as I was on leave, and as such it came as something of a surprise.

She was the spitting inmage of my ex. Looked roughly the same, ame body shape, hair and eye colour, accent everything. It was like being transported back to her. She even cracked the same sort of jokes.

It just made me think of her, not in the 'I Hate You' way that things ended between us, but in the 'Actually you were special and I miss you way'

Circumstances eh?

I've found that similar things to that happen a lot: a significant song will pop on the radio when you least want it to, you'll spot a girl/guy who looks like your ex in a random place, etc.

For me it was a particular advert on TV that always came on when I didn't want it to, I quickly became very good at changing channels instantly!

Archived