What should I tell my gf to get me for my birthday?

HyruleGuardian

I know this is kind of silly, but I really have no idea and she's been bugging me for weeks. I just want to get her off my back about it. I tell her I don't need anything other than her being there with me, but she says she needs to get me something.

I have interest in sports mostly, but she always buys me clothes and cologne. I know I can't say gift cards because she'll turn that down.

What else can I say? I'm turning 22. We've only been together 5 months.

Do you know what her budget is?

Is there an activity you'd like to do with her? Sports game, concert, a restaurant you've wanted to try out? Any specialty dish she makes that you'd love for her to make for you?

Maybe a subscription to a sports magazine? Jersey from your favorite team? Some electronic gadget you've been wanting?

Tickets to a game?

That's always a possibility, but we always go to games together, so I'm not sure she'd be too receptive about it. Plus the cost is through the roof for us. I usually get tickets for free from friends.

Do you know what her budget is?

Is there an activity you'd like to do with her? Sports game, concert, a restaurant you've wanted to try out? Any specialty dish she makes that you'd love for her to make for you?

Maybe a subscription to a sports magazine? Jersey from your favorite team? Some electronic gadget you've been wanting?

She's a broke college student like me.

We go out to eat at least 4 times a week, so I don't know about that.

I could always ask for a jersey or some new clothes with my favorite sports teams on them.

She's a broke college student like me.

We go out to eat at least 4 times a week, so I don't know about that.

I could always ask for a jersey or some new clothes with my favorite sports teams on them.

Well, maybe she could plan a day of fun for you. For example, for my birthday last year, my boyfriend planned to take me to the zoo, for a mani-pedi, and then out for drinks (I was turning 21). None of those were super expensive, but all things I really wanted to do! Especially the zoo.

Do you two live in the dorms? For my boyfriend's 21st birthday I filled my dorm room with balloons/streamers, ordered his favorite take-out, bought a cake w/ candles, sparkling cider (he couldn't drink) and got him his basketball team's jersey. I also had a special set up so we could eat on the floor - extra pillows, blankets. We had dinner and then watched a movie, and had a good time, and I think he thought it was pretty special. It was a surprise, btw.

So you could tell her you would just like to have a fun day with her, and up to her what she wants to plan.

Get some brownie points - ask for a nice photo of her in a frame.

Haha, my girlfriend probably wouldn't go for that. She hates how she looks, no matter how much I reassure her that she's beautiful. We actually only have about 3 pictures together in the time we've gone out.

Well, maybe she could plan a day of fun for you. For example, for my birthday last year, my boyfriend planned to take me to the zoo, for a mani-pedi, and then out for drinks (I was turning 21). None of those were super expensive, but all things I really wanted to do! Especially the zoo.

Do you two live in the dorms? For my boyfriend's 21st birthday I filled my dorm room with balloons/streamers, ordered his favorite take-out, bought a cake w/ candles, sparkling cider (he couldn't drink) and got him his basketball team's jersey. I also had a special set up so we could eat on the floor - extra pillows, blankets. We had dinner and then watched a movie, and had a good time, and I think he thought it was pretty special. It was a surprise, btw.

So you could tell her you would just like to have a fun day with her, and up to her what she wants to plan.

Only thing with this is I have class all day on my birthday. Finals. I guess we could plan on it some other time though.

I don't live in the dorms. I live with my parents still.

Dinner and a movie could work. I don't think that would be too expensive for her.

Go to a restaurant you'd never dare to go before ex: something fancy, africain, japenese etc.... =) Order an expensive drink you would not normally otherwise etc.. there's always fun little things you can do with your "mundane" activities.

Maybe if he had told you that he wouldn't be an ex-boyfriend. (no need to answer that

Or maybe he wouldn't be an ex-boyfriend if I weren't the type of girl to snort? Ha ha. No, he was a very sweet guy, and I like to think the break-up was a bit more complex than that.

Hyrule, depending on what the weather is like where you are, now is a good time of year to have a fun outdoor activity? You could tell your girlfriend you'd like to go on a hike and picnic with her (if that's the kind of thing you'd enjoy). Are there places close-by that do canoeing? Just doing something fun and out of the ordinary for you two would mark the occasion!

Hyrule, depending on what the weather is like where you are, now is a good time of year to have a fun outdoor activity? You could tell your girlfriend you'd like to go on a hike and picnic with her (if that's the kind of thing you'd enjoy). Are there places close-by that do canoeing? Just doing something fun and out of the ordinary for you two would mark the occasion!

The weather is getting warmer. We've only dated when it's been cold so most of our time has been indoors. I can't really remember one outdoor activity we have actually done thus far (other than a bonfire). Maybe that would be a good idea to spice things up.

There's roller skating, ice skating, miniature golf, and laser tag (lol) around my area. Bowling is always an option, although she's not too big into it.

Mini-golf is fun. Be careful though, the competition can get pretty heated in my experience. I hope she's not a sore loser

So I would just tell it you would love for her to plan a little outing for the two of you, something a bit out of the ordinary. I bet she'll come up with great ideas, or you could suggest a few possibilities to her and let her choose.

Archived