He Said He Didn't Love Me Anymore - I'm Not Sure That I Believe Him...

There are loads of contradictions, but as I have learned the hard, hard way never hold out hope for someone who doesn't want to be with you. It doesn't matter what the reason is, it doesn't matter how different things could be if only this or if only that. It only matters that he said no more. Take it to heart, commit to no more yourself, you're worth it.

He certainly seems confused but that's not a good sign. I think that if someone vacillates about wanting to be with you the answer is that they don't want to be with you. Why even hold out hope for someone who does not truly want you? It's lowering your standards to what should be an unacceptable level; it's too bad when we do it (I am guilty as well).

Your next guy needs to be someone you don't have to second guess, the guy who makes no bones about his regard for you and his high desire to be with you. Anything less is letting yourself down, I think.

I would like to say that he loves you and really wants to be with you but, judging from his responses, I honestly can't see it. I think your best bet is to assume it is over, move on and find someone else. Don't put your life in a holding pattern hoping that he will want you back - it won't serve you.

He has said he's not in love with you anymore - I would take that on face value and believe it. I don't see any contradictions - just that he doesn't want to be with you. I'm sure he has enjoyed his phone chats with you since your break up - it's easy to talk to someone a couple of times a week on the phone and not make any more effort than that.

Cut off your contact with him and do your own thing.

All I Ever Wanted Was to Love You
All I Ever Wanted Was to Love You

Archived