Open Club  ·  96 members  ·  Free

Journals

Shelby...as we know it.

dangletsbang

slowing getting caught up, suprisingly.

I miss my boyfriend. He got his job back selling health insurance via telemarketing. I'm hoping he can keep it this time - we're planning on getting moved out by the end of the year..if not sooner. We both decided with each paycheck to put back 100 to 200 dollars everytime we get paid and put it together for moving out. We could have over 3,000 dollars in just three months. I'm really excited that this is about to become a reality...

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow - this all just blew up in my face.

Found a really GREAT deal on a fourplex in our town..3 full bedrooms and two full bathrooms..newly built last year..it's gorgeous inside and out, sprinkler system, dogs/cats allowed.. 795$ a month..which honestly isn't bad at all..plus utilities..the first month will be 1,095$ but the second month will be half off..

Just trying to come up with the money..and the fact that we don't have all of the stuff we're going to need to furnish the house! Ughh.

Wow - this all just blew up in my face.

Found a really GREAT deal on a fourplex in our town..3 full bedrooms and two full bathrooms..newly built last year..it's gorgeous inside and out, sprinkler system, dogs/cats allowed.. 795$ a month..which honestly isn't bad at all..plus utilities..the first month will be 1,095$ but the second month will be half off..

Just trying to come up with the money..and the fact that we don't have all of the stuff we're going to need to furnish the house! Ughh.

Can u borrow the money from somewhere (bank, etc), or parents (and pay them back)?

It sounds like a great deal and I wouldn't want you to miss out on that.

ren - we could borrow money..yes..but we talked about it last night..and we are definitely not prepared to move out yet. Neither of us have any money saved..also we have nothing to furnish the house with yet either. We decided to start saving with each paycheck we obtain..by December..like i've mentioned..we could have up to 5,000$..and in that five month time period we could be gathering supplies to furnish the house with..this will also give us time to mature a little bit as we are so young. By the beginning of 2010 we will then decide if purchasing a house together is what we still want. I feel that's the better option..instead of jumping the gun..spending money we don't have..it would put a lot of pressure and tension on our young relationship.

I am addicted to chicken breakfast burritos from chickfila.

seriously.

too bad I can only get them for breakfast.

fluffy eggs, peppers, onions, cheese and chicken all wrapped in a warm soft tortilla...*swoons* PLUS..it keeps me full wellllll until 12/1pm..

AND they have effin' amazing jalepeno salsa to accompany the amazing burrito.

I'm so over starbucks, btw. I was getting it every single day..

chicken burrito > starbucks..healthier..cheaper..

on to my blueberry yogurt with flax..

That meal sounds Amazing!!! ^^ I dunno how people can eat Jalepeno's though! My face went bright red from eating one by accident at Subway when I told them NOT to put it on my sandwich! Grr.

Wila, they're amazinggg..the peppers in the actual burrito are bell peppers..and they don't have very many in them.

I'm planning on making my own when Trey and I move in together for our breakfast during the weekdays. I can wrap them and put them in the fridge..we can heat them up in the morning..INSTA BREAKFASTTT. =]

Wila, I'm canceling my membership at the gym. The $35.99 I spend there once a month I could be saving so Trey and I can buy our house. I love working out..running..the elliptical..weight lifting..I started to see a difference..but honestly, I hardly have enough time..the money factor is the biggest though.

I'm thinking of buying a nice used elliptical off craigslist [like ebay] once we get moved into our house..and of course I can run outside..

saving money is so damn hard!

Wila, I'm canceling my membership at the gym. The $35.99 I spend there once a month I could be saving so Trey and I can buy our house. I love working out..running..the elliptical..weight lifting..I started to see a difference..but honestly, I hardly have enough time..the money factor is the biggest though.

I'm thinking of buying a nice used elliptical off craigslist [like ebay] once we get moved into our house..and of course I can run outside..

saving money is so damn hard!

I don't think u should give up your gym membership. There are other ways to cut and save money instead of having to give up the gym membership. It seems you do use the membership and get a lot of satisfaction from working out.

I don't think u should give up your gym membership. There are other ways to cut and save money instead of having to give up the gym membership. It seems you do use the membership and get a lot of satisfaction from working out.

My boyfriend just got laid off [again] so right now I really can't afford it. I may start again once we get stable..but now isn't the time time.

stopping my birth control because of all the breakthrough bleeding i'm having lately, ridiculous..and I think the hormones are making me psycho. Gonna have to be careful and use condoms but oh well.

trey got laid off..again..when he went in on Wednesday..yeah, fckin shtty.

i'm so sick of this..at this rate we'll NEVER get our house.

Great news, guys! I called to cancel my gym membership [after not going last week] and they offered to lower the price! So instead of 35.99$ it's gonna be 24.99$! I'm pumped..it's only ten dollars less..but it adds up..i'm way excited..i'm starting back at the gym today.

Trey and I found a great store to buy our furniture at for our house/apartment [when we find it!]..we can buy literally ALL of our furniture that we'll need to furnish the house with [bed, dresser, dresser with mirror, nightstand, kitchen table, chairs, couch, love seat, CUDDLER recliner, tv stand, etc] for $3,200.00! I am SO freaking excited..that's SUCH a good deal for all of our furniture!

now if he can just find a stable job, we'll be ready.

Did about fourtyish minutes of cardio [treadmill & elliptical] yesterday at the gym to get started back up, I didn't realize how much stamina you can lose in one week! definitely going back today, tomorrow and thursday.

I did pretty good on my diet yesterday..

gonna do the same today.

breakfast - coffee & chicken burrito - somewhere around 400ish calories.

lunch - fat free yogurt - 100 cals.

dinner - smart ones tv dinner - 290 cals.

a few hard candies throughout the day to keep my hunger at bay - 70 cals for three.

Gonna keep it below 900 cals today.

working out - I should burn off about 300 - 350ish calories.

as you know things never go as planned;

breakfast - chicken burrito and coffee - 400ish cals.

butterscotch hard candy - 22 cals.

hunger water crystal light - 30 cals.

lunch - peanut butter crackers - 260cals.

cinnamon hard candy - 22 cals.

nothing till tv dinner later which is 290 cals.

not bad..? I guess. I still feel bad..

I'll work off some at the gym..enough to at least be able to eat dinner.

I worked hard at the gym last night, I felt so great afterwards. Thirty minutes alternating running + speed walking on incline on the treadmill & then about 10 minutes of using the elliptical backwards [with resistance of course] I know that doesn't seem like a lot..but i'm building myself up..every day I feel stronger than the day before.

Diet = same again for today. Chicken burrito for breakfast, yogurt for lunch, something small for dinner. My self control is getting stronger, A LOT stronger. I love it and I know as much as trey says my body is 'perfect' he's going to love it even better once I look how I wanna look. I'm happy. =]

The situation at work with my sister [she's my boss, if you didn't k now] is growing so much worse. The money and unlimited overtime is the only thing keeping me here. I can't stand it anymore. She is the most negative person i've ever met, doesn't treat her kids fairly, turns our doctors against one another and in general is just a * * * * * . Don't get me wrong, I love my sister..but..I can only take so much.

Archived