Smoking Cannabis

RawrDino
CANNABIS
CANNABIS

Hey, Im a 15 year old male from the UK.

Here is my problem:

Im 15, in my second year of High School, and naturally, lots of my friends, are experimenting with drugs, mostly cannabis, and alcohol of course. One of my best friends, recently got high with another friend, and 2 others, and said it was great. Hes a little bit like me, we do well at school, (B/A/A* GCSE student) and are both hoping to get into college and beyond. He didnt get caught, or get into trouble with anyone, and the guy who he was with, wondered whether I, and my close friend should get high next week.

I have never touched, (and never planned to touch) any drugs in my life, except alcohol, (which I dont really enjoy drinking in excess amounts) and dont know what the hell to do. One guy at school recently got perm. expelled from school for selling some weed to this other guy (another A* student) who also got suspended for a week or so, and got in trouble with the police. I dont wanna end up like that, I dont wanna screw up my life, but I hear so much from people IRL and on the net, saying that I should at least try it, since its not nearly as bad as alcohol.

Any ideas? BTW the reason why Im worried about doing this, is that we wont Obviously be doing this inside, so Im pretty catious about smoking this stuff outside... Halp!]

Anther thing, I was thinking maybe I should just wait till Im a little bit older, when if something does go wrong, my parents wont be as dissapointed, and school wont be involved. I also might feel a little more responsible for my actions then, and there is also less chance of getting caught, sine Ill be able to do it inside, right?

EDIT: Also, this isnt cos of peer pressure, I could tell him to F off if I wanted to, its just... I dont, I think I WANT to experiment with weed, just not sure whether its worth the risk of the possible consequences.

Thanks

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

do not smoke cannabis. especially at your age. once you are a fully developed adult and want to try pot then go for it. casual use by adults is pretty harmless. But for younger people pot can lead to a lot of problems.

I'm like you, in the UK and not a big drinker.

My and a friend used to walk our dogs and have a couple of spliffs while we did it. We observed proper caution (ie not waving it about if other people were about) and never had any problems.

If you want to try it, try it. If you want to wait, wait. If you think you will have a better experience when you are older, I'd definitely let that inform your choice.

And it's good that you know you can say no.

I see what you mean. Everytime I drink, I am usually sick, just because I tend to get drunk, then just drink more and more, makes me feel like hell. I know weed is different, and thats why I wana try it.

Thats the only thing Im worried about, police. I dont want a record, in fact, I dont want be involved with the police. ever. I once went out, throwing eggs at houses with some friends one time, and got "cautioned" by the police, It scared the * * * * outta me, and I felt awful for ages.

I just wanna chill with some close friends, and get stoned, at least once, just to try it. I really dont wanna tell me Mother/Father, since some close family have been involved with hard drugs, and thats just scared them.

I have plenty. I play a sport, and Im at school too. I also love computers. ITs not out of boredom.

I think it's out of curiosity right? That's natural and normal. It's around you and people you know are doing it so you're curious. If you weren't curious then that would be weird.

But I will reiterate, wait for a few years.

I see what you mean. Everytime I drink, I am usually sick, just because I tend to get drunk, then just drink more and more, makes me feel like hell. I know weed is different, and thats why I wana try it.

Thats the only thing Im worried about, police. I dont want a record, in fact, I dont want be involved with the police. ever. I once went out, throwing eggs at houses with some friends one time, and got "cautioned" by the police, It scared the * * * * outta me, and I felt awful for ages.

I just wanna chill with some close friends, and get stoned, at least once, just to try it. I really dont wanna tell me Mother/Father, since some close family have been involved with hard drugs, and thats just scared them.

Yeah, hard drugs are no good--I messed with some things that I'm not too proud of (opium, mescaline, etc.) but in general, that's the only thing I really advise you not to smoke for--because if you do, the Police are threatening, at least, maybe in the UK.

here in SF...it's basically legal. I smoked with a cop at the BART station on 24th and Valencia. no joke.

Yeah, hard drugs are no good--I messed with some things that I'm not too proud of (opium, mescaline, etc.)

I know never to touch anything more than weed. Some guys at school messed with coke. I have a feeling they already fail at life.

Not worth it. I started when I was in my teens and used it all the way through my twenties. If I had it to do over again knowing what I know now I wouldn't have. It's really not all that great, imo. You say you're not doing it because of your peers but ask yourself; if nobody else was doing it would it be something that you would seek out on your own? My guess is probably not.

I have plenty. I play a sport, and Im at school too. I also love computers. ITs not out of boredom.

plus, hobbies are SO much fun while baked! (I don't use the word "high", because it makes me think of some junkie going nuts) I make techno music (psytrance mostly) and that's one of the things weed is famous for, is enhancing music.

I never did weed out of peer pressure, boredom, or to deal with emotional pain--I did it because it was fun and I wanted to, and that's the ONLY reason anyone should do it (wanting to without force).

but really, wait til you're older, I certainly wish I did, and only for the fact that life just got slower...no fun when you want things to move on, lol

As a weed smoker for over 15 years I have to say that if you had encouraged MY child to smoke I would kick your ass for that advice.

Cannabis has moved up in class in the UK, its now class B which is much more serious offence.

What's right for you, isnt right for everyone and I can't believe you are encouraging a minor to take drugs and put his whole future in jeopardy when he doesnt even WANT to take them.

hey hey, different cultures, in SF, it's legal. I mean, technically it's not, but it's different cultures. if I was from a muslim country, would you like it if I complained to you about posting your problems in public?

be tolerant of other people's opinions. he asked for advice, I'm giving him an honest answer, from my point of view.

I probably come off as a druggie, but if you're not from NorCal, you'll never understand...we see alcohol as a drug up here, not weed.

and besides, I have my cannabis card now, so it's not like I'm breaking the law anyways!

Not worth it. I started when I was in my teens and used it all the way through my twenties. If I had it to do over again knowing what I know now I wouldn't have. It's really not all that great, imo. You say you're not doing it because of your peers but ask yourself; if nobody else was doing it would it be something that you would seek out on your own? My guess is probably not.

Of course I would. I told you, its not about PEERS, I want to experiment with Cannabis. I couldnt care WHO does it, in fact most people who I know that do it are all ********

Of course I would. I told you, its not about PEERS, I want to experiment with Cannabis. I couldnt care WHO does it, in fact most people who I know that do it are all ********

Why are you even asking if you have already made up your mind?

Why are you even asking if you have already made up your mind?

I havn't made up my mind, I still dont know whether its worth the RISKS, thats why Im asking for ADVICE. Would you rather I go out tomorrow and smoke loads of dope, and get picked up by the police, than ask for advice, and not do something stupid?

Im also, not sure whether to do it now, or wait a few years.

lol, I only said that so people would stop ragging on my ass.

cheers, bro. lol

Why not be the "bigger person", and take responsibility for your own actions starting now?

The consequences that you have the potential to face later on, are not worth the risks.

A bit off topic here, but your education is something that no one can ever take away from you.

Why not be the "bigger person", and take responsibility for your own actions starting now?

The consequences that you have the potential to face later on, are not worth the risks.

A bit off topic here, but your education is something that no one can ever take away from you.

I know, thats why Im so hesitant.

plus, hobbies are SO much fun while baked! (I don't use the word "high", because it makes me think of some junkie going nuts) I make techno music (psytrance mostly) and that's one of the things weed is famous for, is enhancing music.

I never did weed out of peer pressure, boredom, or to deal with emotional pain--I did it because it was fun and I wanted to, and that's the ONLY reason anyone should do it (wanting to without force).

but really, wait til you're older, I certainly wish I did, and only for the fact that life just got slower...no fun when you want things to move on, lol

I am a musician as well and I must disagree with you on that. Music is so much better without chemicals. It can really get up in your body and make a much more profound personal connection than when under the influence. Substances have a tendency to dull the perception.

First off, you sound like you are very mature for your age, strong willed, have a good head on your shoulders and a good sense of right vs. wrong.... so I'm pretty confident you have answered this one for yourself.

If you really have the strength to tell your friends to shove off and wait a few years to ensure that you won't be angering/disappointing your parents or endangering your schooling, then I'd say thats your best option. If down the line you find you are still curious... I'm personally one of those people who isn't going to tell you "no no no bad bad". I've done it myself.... personally decided it wasn't really my "thing"... but I know plenty who love it and use it responsibly. I've also known those who are completely irresponsible. What is most important is having your priorities straight and being smart.

Archived