Hello people,

Am going for a second date in two days. I saw the girl on link removed. Here's the deal. When I saw her, there was something about her, about how beautiful she was, and yet how down-to-earth she was. She is 30 years old, and her profile indicated that she was a world traveller, who had been to many parts of Africa. This made me immediately like her, since I am from Asia, settled in the US for now, and I am truly attracted to people who have a world perspective, and may perhaps understand, to some degree, what the developing world is like.

And so, I wrote to her. For three months there was no response. I had sent her five messages, praising her profile. But there was no response. And yet, there was something about her, about the way she came accross, which made me not want to give up on her.

At any rate, of a sudden, one fine day, she wrote back. She told me she was so curious about why I was so persistent, and then we exchanged a few mails. She had been out of the country when I wrote in initially, and only now was beginning to look at her link removed account more carefully. She also honestly admitted that she traditionally only dates Americans, but seeing my persistence, thought she could go beyond her own barriers.

she gave me her number, we went out for a date. it was wonderful. The conversation was nice, and she clearly was a very very intelligent person, and fun to hang out with.

I have a second date with her coming up soon.

However, one glaring red flag comes in the way. She is leaving for a year to work as a doctor in a north-east African country. On the one hand, I like this girl and wonder where we would go under normal circumstances. On the other hand, there is, in a manner of speaking, an LDR, with no clear cut end written in coming up.

She knows this, and yet she is coming for a second date to the town I live in (we live about an hour apart by car).

The thing is, she is, in a guarded way, making a few moves. I for the most part have been more open, and much more interested. However, I also know, deep within myself, that this might end up in separation.

On the one hand, I instinctively know that I am strong enough to handle both, an LDR, and even an eventual seperation. However, I was wondering, if I should go ahead and give this my best, and then, let things take their own course, no matter where they go.

I do like her. And I am also willing to let go, if things do not work out, since I do believe she is special and is doing special things in her profession for people who have needs greater than me.

What do you guys think? What can you say to me? I do think I like this girl. Also, how much communication should I make with her? If have to make inroads with her, I have to build something very soon before she leaves. However, I do not know if rushing things is exactly what I like doing, since I also need to know her more. I like to devote myself to people, and this time, I want to make sure I know her well enough, and also know what she thinks of me well enough, before I express any interest in a relationship.

What do you guys think? What can you say to me? I do think I like this girl. Also, how much communication should I make with her? If have to make inroads with her, I have to build something very soon before she leaves. However, I do not know if rushing things is exactly what I like doing, since I also need to know her more. I like to devote myself to people, and this time, I want to make sure I know her well enough, and also know what she thinks of me well enough, before I express any interest in a relationship.

You know what I would do ? I would just man up and go for it with her.

I am not talking about fawning all over her, but just a dominant attempt to really lay down a strong connection with her before she leaves.. oh and ask her not to work with any of those cannibal tribes - if you want to be sure she returns..

Archived