Driving me insane!!!

I keep getting a stiff neck, it's not painful; just like a dull ache. A neck/shoulder massage some time's helps. Does anyone else get this? It aches my head too and I some time's have to hold my neck.

I once tried one of those lavender scented neck compressors that you heat up in the microwave and that also helped, but it's short term. It's really bad at work too.

Do I need new better quality pillows? Can anyone recommended anything? Or know what's causing this? Thanx.

Sounds like your muscles at the neck / back / shoulder areas are bunched up, which are creating some tension. generally the source of the problems is a bad posture, and the bed or pillows can definitely be the cause. Do you find it is especially bad when you get out of bed ? I used to have some bunched up muscles, and a pressure like kind of ache in my left temple; so I kind of know where you're coming from.

If it doesn't stop, a chiropractor may be able to do something about it since there are certain trigger points in your body which will help you feel better when relieved.

Sounds like your muscles at the neck / back / shoulder areas are bunched up, which are creating some tension. generally the source of the problems is a bad posture, and the bed or pillows can definitely be the cause. Do you find it is especially bad when you get out of bed ? I used to have some bunched up muscles, and a pressure like kind of ache in my left temple; so I kind of know where you're coming from.

If it doesn't stop, a chiropractor may be able to do something about it since there are certain trigger points in your body which will help you feel better when relieved.

Yep! It actually make me feel dizzy some times too. I really think it's due to my pillows. But I have to bend my back a lot at work and stand up for LONG periods of time with only 1 and a half hour break.

I wouldn't worry about it too much, but I would definitely have it checked out. because the constant aches and pressure can be quite a pain when it keeps going like that. You will feel much better once your muscles aren't so bunched up any more. (Al though I do say the chiro can do more than the doc).

Uh oh, no I haven't. Is it serious? I do get headache's and dizziness when I sit when the ache occurs.

It could be something or nothing but any neck pain which comes with headaches/dizziness/ altered sensation or pain in the upper limbs merits a closer look from a doctor or physio.

I have recent experience of this myself.

Are you in the UK?

if you are then seeing a doctor isn;t cost prohibitive, so you should get it checked out.

I wouldn't worry about it too much, but I would definitely have it checked out. because the constant aches and pressure can be quite a pain when it keeps going like that. You will feel much better once your muscles aren't so bunched up any more. (Al though I do say the chiro can do more than the doc).

Thankyou! ( I tried to rep you but it wouldn't let me). I think I need a good massage!

I hope I don't sound like a hypochondriac! I hardly ever go and see the doc unless is urgent, I will for this though as it's really annoying.

Also after LONG shifts at work my back kills when I try and get up and walk, so painful some times to where I can't move my legs without it being so painful; then it goes away.

It could be something or nothing but any neck pain which comes with headaches/dizziness/ altered sensation or pain in the upper limbs merits a closer look from a doctor or physio.

I have recent experience of this myself.

Are you in the UK?

if you are then seeing a doctor isn;t cost prohibitive, so you should get it checked out.

Yes I am in the UK. I will get this checked out, I am worried now. What you have listed is pretty much what I am experiencing!

Yes I am in the UK. I will get this checked out, I am worried now. What you have listed is pretty much what I am experiencing!

if it is a pinched or bruised nerve, it usually gets better with time.

i'm dealing with a nerve injury myself at the moment.

painkillers, physio and visits to the chiropractor are all helping.

is it your neck or lower down your back?

if it is a pinched or bruised nerve, it usually gets better with time.

i'm dealing with a nerve injury myself at the moment.

painkillers, physio and visits to the chiropractor are all helping.

is it your neck or lower down your back?

Neck and head.

I hope you feel better soon!

Cheers!

i'm on the mend.

your pain sounds similar to what i have.

might be nothing.

best to get it checked. your too young to let it become a chronic thing.

Cheers! The thing is every time I attempt to go to the docs the symptoms go away and I don't bother going; then I start moaning again because I didn't go lol. I am on the case this time!

Wila,

I had this a long time ago...too much strain on my back! Translated to my upper neck and back of head.

The Chiro worked on me, then got me to buy a neck massager. Worked wonders.

I would sometimes get a snapping sound, followed by a slight jolt of pain in my neck.

That's when I had it checked out!

Wila,

I had this a long time ago...too much strain on my back! Translated to my upper neck and back of head.

The Chiro worked on me, then got me to buy a neck massager. Worked wonders.

I would sometimes get a snapping sound, followed by a slight jolt of pain in my neck.

That's when I had it checked out!

Thanx, KG! That could be it, standing up for 10-12 hours must be effing up my back! (not as many hours now but still have the symptoms!). I have also had that snapping sound happen too...

I will defo get this checked out!

Archived