My best friend.......

GoldenHillGuy

who happens to also be my sister is moving back to the Midwest. We moved out to CA together in a memorable cross-country trip. We camped on the way out, we were broke, we stayed in a tent while we found jobs and got enough money to rent an apartment. We lived together in a one bedroom apt for a year until we got our footing out here. We shared so many fun times and new experiences. And now she's moving back. I'm not angry at her. She has to do whatever makes her happy........I just feel quite sad about it. Now I'll have no family here. It was nice having a sister here for Thanksgiving dinner, Easter, etc. It was great having her to talk to when I was going through my break-up last year. I'll miss her.

No advice needed, I just had to get it out there. Thanks.

Aww that sucks she is moving! Sounds like you guys have a great relationship. That is cool that you have all those memories together. I can't imagine doing something so bold as to move accross the country & live in a tent while searching for a job!

Thanks everyone.

Pressfit........We're doing okay. Layoffs all around. They we're always short on programmers, so we've had no cuts there. With the Pentagon announcing the cancellation of the F-22 Raptor and replacing it with the F-35, our shop will most likely get much busier in the future. Plus we're still making the engines for the 787, although the delays are killing us.

How is your shop doing?

Archived