Really ugly ending to a friendship

Anotherday

Due to a misunderstanding, I didn't go to a friend's house for dinner last weekend. I emailed her explaining I didn't think she wanted me to come over. She never got my emails and it turned into the great inquisition. At any rate, she really hit below the belt and said she was only friends with me as she felt "sorry for me." Well, that was the end of that. I think she took a necklace from me and I finally told her that. I also said some other things that I know hit her below the belt too, but this was only after her statement to me about feeling sorry for me and telling me I don't have any real problems and that I just sit around feeling sorry for myself all day (not true). At any rate, this is no hope for this "friendship." Thoughts as to how just put it behind me? Thanks in advance.

Due to a misunderstanding, I didn't go to a friend's house for dinner last weekend. I emailed her explaining I didn't think she wanted me to come over.

Im already confused... and smiling too.

How can you be confused about a dinner invite from a friend ? Time and day is all you needed to know.

Secondly, then you emailed her and explained to her that she really did not want you to come over ? Huh? Do you always tell people how they really feel and what they really want?

I am guessing that you are one of her female friends?

Im already confused... and smiling too.

How can you be confused about a dinner invite from a friend ? Time and day is all you needed to know.

Secondly, then you emailed her and explained to her that she really did not want you to come over ? Huh? Do you always tell people how they really feel and what they really want?

I am guessing that you are one of her female friends?

It's a bit complicated. I didn't know where she lived and she never gave me the address - so I thought she was blowing me off. Plus, she can be very touchy and a real piece of work. I take half of the blame, but when she told me she got everyone else's emails, I got angry as I thought she was calling me a liar. Then came the inquisition and I got REALLY mad. At any rate, I've never had such an ugly ending.

I guess I don't understand why you would assume she didn't want you to come over. Why didn't you call her to get the address? Sometimes people invite others over and forget that the people don't know where they live. Instead of making the assumption and then sending her an email accusing her of not wanting you to come over, couldn't you have called or emailed asking for the address?

Archived