Another question

RipTideRush

Some of you say my last thread about going out for a drink but not having the proper license yet.

Anyways, the same girl invited me out to a restaurant tonight, but the problem is I dont really want to go.

The reason I dont want to go is because its for her friends birthday party, and her friends family are going to be there. I know nothing of her friend. I hardly know anything about the girl who asked me to go aside from her first name.

I just am uncomfortable going when I hardly know her, let alone her friend. If it was her alone then fine, I would glady go.

So what should I do?

Tell her I cant go, tell her I dont want to go, or just suck it up and go?

The reason I dont want to go is because its for her friends birthday party, and her friends family are going to be there. I know nothing of her friend. I hardly know anything about the girl who asked me to go aside from her first name.

Rephrase a wee bit, but that is exactly what you tell her. That you are uncomfortable & why, and then tell her you very much look forward to getting to know her a little more one on one. End it on a positive note of your interest in her...

Rephrase a wee bit, but that is exactly what you tell her. That you are uncomfortable & why, and then tell her you very much look forward to getting to know her a little more one on one. End it on a positive note of your interest in her...

A little late haha, I ended up telling her I couldnt make it, but thanking her for the invite.

Then I asked how old her friend was turning.

I will text her tomorrow, if I dont hear from her again tonight, and we are going out this coming up friday.

Thanks for the response.

The reason I am usually just straightforward is because people tend to make up their own reasons if they are wondering about something where there isn't a clear said reason, which can lead to misunderstandings...

Sounds like all is good, and it was very nice that you asked about her friend (her age)...

Have fun on Friday!

A little late haha, I ended up telling her I couldnt make it, but thanking her for the invite.

Then I asked how old her friend was turning.

I will text her tomorrow, if I dont hear from her again tonight, and we are going out this coming up friday.

Thanks for the response.

Good job, soldier,

You did not get drawn into a 'first date' which you could not control.

And you did the smart thing by setting up another date which you can design to your liking.

10 Unique Date Ideas
10 Unique Date Ideas

Archived