Women don't want to fight back

bertdru

Don't you think it is weird that women are the only community that doesn't fight back?

You can see that any community which has been suppressed or is discriminated in some way fights back in a violent manner. Except for women. Why is that? Women seem to protest in peaceful ways(which is praiseworthy) or they don't fight back at all. I just feel it is fascinating how different women are.

I'm probably going to get flamed for posting about the differences between men and women in a thread about equality, but from a physical and psychobiological point of view, are there not differences between men and women?

I'm not informed enough to say whether that's a contributing factor, but it's something to be considered.

As far as physical violence goes, males often have a physical advantage, and (I believe) a psychobiological predisposition to being generally more aggressive than women.

So as a demographic, perhaps that, and the way society has moulded female behaviour through its expectations in the past (before the realisation that women are equal became widespread) has something to do with the majority being less physically combative?

I'm probably going to get flamed for posting about the differences between men and women in a thread about equality,

Equality does not equal 'sameness'.

Personally, I could not hope for a better society than one in which we were equal, yet free to be different.

But I digress....

Umm I meant they don't fight back in violent ways generally. Which is praiseworthy.

I agree. It's due to our lower levels of testosterone

I'm probably going to get flamed for posting about the differences between men and women in a thread about equality, but from a physical and psychobiological point of view, are there not differences between men and women?

I'm not informed enough to say whether that's a contributing factor, but it's something to be considered.

As far as physical violence goes, males often have a physical advantage, and (I believe) a psychobiological predisposition to being generally more aggressive than women.

So as a demographic, perhaps that, and the way society has moulded female behaviour through its expectations in the past (before the realisation that women are equal became widespread) has something to do with the majority being less physically combative?

You summed it up really well, I agree!

I mean, of course, there are some violent women- and passive men for that matter, but in a general view, women aren't predisposed to be as violent as men. We're genetically different, we're not as inclined to get physically aggressive when something goes wrong. And I'm not saying all men are aggressive, I'm just saying that it's due to their higher levels of testosterone and maybe society that they're more inclined to get physical.

I mean, of course, there are some violent women- and passive men for that matter, but in a general view, women aren't predisposed to be as violent as men. We're genetically different, we're not as inclined to get physically aggressive when something goes wrong. And I'm not saying all men are aggressive, I'm just saying that it's due to their higher levels of testosterone and maybe society that they're more inclined to get physical.

i think somewhere along the child years they teach girls not to be so physical and they let boys get away with being more physical. as babies and kids, girls and boys are pretty close to equal in hitting, punching, and otherwise using physical force. i read some study where they counted how often boys and girls would hit their siblings. there wasn't much of a difference.

i think somewhere along the child years they teach girls not to be so physical and they let boys get away with being more physical. as babies and kids' date=' girls and boys are pretty close to equal in hitting, punching, and otherwise using physical force. i read some study where they counted how often boys and girls would hit their siblings. there wasn't much of a difference.[/quote']

I was never taught to not get physical, it was always in me not to be. I never felt the need to. But, in little kids it's different because they haven't gone through puberty, they don't have as much testosterone in them. They're all equally as likely to fight because they're wild little things that haven't been tamed yet It's when they get older that genetics play a role in their disposition to get physical.

i don't think testosterone is the (only) cause of violence. yes there is more incidence of physical violence in men and there are less physically violent women but they are still there. that indicates that it can't just be genetics and hormones. this isn't just my viewpoint either, there's a lot of information about this for e.g. link removed

Where are you getting this impression from, Bert?

I've seen plenty of female and male use of physical force and violence. I don't think this is something that can be placed under inherent differences.

I believe it has to do with imbalances in power and different experiences of lack. Different situations call up different survival strategies.

Those who seek to have dominance will use whatever they have going in their favor as well.

It makes sense that with a male body with more capability for muscle building and strength (a lot of the times) and with no possibility of carrying any babies, men would focus more often on their physical strength as a means to power.

Women have often had different strategies to get what they need or want, not because we are inherently different but because it has been more effective.

Individuals will use what is within their means, capabilities, imagination, and values.

I was never taught to not get physical, it was always in me not to be. I never felt the need to. But, in little kids it's different because they haven't gone through puberty, they don't have as much testosterone in them. They're all equally as likely to fight because they're wild little things that haven't been tamed yet It's when they get older that genetics play a role in their disposition to get physical.

And the reaction of their teachers and parents. I was very physical and kept getting punished while the little boys would get laughed at and praised. Used to make me pout while I was sitting in the corner, and I would come back out and go steal the toy back that was mine in the first place.

It sounds like you are speaking of a community of women in general, and not situations of domestic abuse.

I'm not quite sure how it would work for one gender to rise up against another using violence. Normally when people are fighting, they're fighting for land. If we get rid of all the men, what's the use of having the land? Sorry, that just doesn't make sense to me at all.

Archived