How to bring up pregnancy issue to girlfriend?

Phunkytown

I've been seeing a woman now for two months. Last friday during somewhat drunken sex, she tells me she had already ovulated a few days before, and it was therefore OK for us to continue on without a condom. Not thinking 100% at the time, I stupidly agreed and we continue on without protection.

The next day we had a bit of a discrepancy, seeing how she was aptly freaked out over the situation, though to her credit, she kept it very much inside, and I didn't really notice her turmoil. However, I clearly knew what happened and I tried to be supportive, telling her I would be more than willing to go with her to get a plan B pill, but she told me not to worry. I'm now wishing I had been more persuasive in getting her to take a morning after pill. Anyways, I saw her yesterday for the first time since then, and I mentioned the pregnancy issue, but again, she told me she thought everything is fine, and not to worry once more.

But to me, merely waiting around until next month to see if she's going to get her period seems foolish, but at the same time, she's older (26) and obviously know what's up with her body, so I don't want to force anything nor make her uncomfortable.

Today she left for home for two weeks and I've begun to get very nervous at the prospect of her being pregnant. I told her up front I would be willing to accept my responsibility in any outcome, but I'm still slightly freaked out seeing how this is the first time I've been in one of these type situations.

Any idea how I could bring up the prospect of her getting a pregnancy test now without making her uncomfortable? Or should I just wait and let her tell me what's going on of her own accord?

Any idea how I could bring up the prospect of her getting a pregnancy test now without making her uncomfortable? Or should I just wait and let her tell me what's going on of her own accord?

It's most likely too soon for the pregnancy test to show any real results.

It's ultimately her body... you only decide whether you want to wear protection or not... Anything over that line and pushing her to make actions could probably be worst at this point.

At least if you are going to push, do it when you will get real results lol. The most early/accurate tests on the market still require her to be 4 days till her period to get any kind of accurate result (still bad - around 60-75% accurate).

I never know when I'm ovulating. Unless you're charting, how do you know?

Seems fishy to me, b/c I don't know any woman who knows when she's ovulating unless she's charting. Could be just me though.

I was under the same impression too, but I don't believe she's charting. Or at least, I don't know why should would be, as she has no wishes to get pregnant until she's older.

I think I'll just wait this out and try not to obsess about this too much. What's done is done, I can only take this as it comes at me.

I never know when I'm ovulating. Unless you're charting, how do you know?

Seems fishy to me, b/c I don't know any woman who knows when she's ovulating unless she's charting. Could be just me though.

TMI but i almost always knew when i was ovulating. and i never charted. the most obvious sign i had was the vaginal discharge two days before, the day of, and 2 days after. i could tell. i could identify the sex act that i got pregnant from both times because i knew when my ovulation happened

I can tell when I ovulate by feeling the muscle tension near whichever ovary is doing the job this month.

i don't get this one every month [or at least, don't notice it every month] but there are many months i can feel that as well.

my mother says she can alwase tell when she is ovulating as well as what side, but none of my friends my age have any clue. so maybe it's not a common thing. probably depends on how in tune you are with your body/how much time you have to be in tune.

Archived