Do women actually think about whether a guy likes them or not?

shy2cool

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm assuming by "like" you mean "is interested in dating" not "appreciate as a person."

Honestly, I used to spend a lot of time trying to decode behavior, figure out if guys liked me, go over what they had said over and over again. But I've realized that in 99% of cases, if a guy likes me, it is extremely obvious. So if I have to think about it, it usually means that he doesn't. Has saved me a lot of obsessing.

If you meant "appreciate as a person", another rule I have learned: if you like someone (enjoy their company, find him/her interesting), he/she usually likes you. If you dislike someone, it's usually mutual.

of course!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't think how many hours of my life I've wasted trying to analyse, and getting my friends to analyse whethersoem guy liked me or not.

and, when you spend so much time wondering, usually he does not. you KNOW when someone likes you... if you have too much time to think about it, they probably don't.

I wish women wouldn't assume that if a man is interested he will let you know.

Think about it, if you're interested in a guy do you always let him know? Or do you keep your cards close to your chest until you find out more about him?

Men and women aren't as different in this respect as women seem to think.

There are a lot of women I've been interested in but did nothing about because I wasn't sensing any positive vibes from them so I thought if I let them know then it would just be a waste of time.

Yes, as a matter of fact I do. If I am interested in a guy and I am satisfied with how well I know him I ALWAYS let him know. You might think this is due to my age but it isn't, I've always been this way. What has changed is the amount of due diligence I need to feel secure in how well I know him, that's increased tremendously as I've grown older and hopefully wiser.

Well it makes sense for women to assume that generally speaking if a guy is interested in her he will make it obvious.

Although with this assumption you will have to exclude shy guys.

I'm far to shy and chicken to walk up to a girl I like (just being honest). I have it some how infused in my brain to NOT make it obvious....makes alot of sense.. I know.

This thread makes it clear as to why shy guys don't date because they simply aren't obvious enough (what else is new I guess).

I wish women wouldn't assume that if a man is interested he will let you know…

…There are a lot of women I've been interested in but did nothing about because I wasn't sensing any positive vibes from them so I thought if I let them know then it would just be a waste of time.

It’s like a man assuming a woman isn’t interested in him because she didn’t just walk up to him and tell him how much of a stud she thought he was.

To me it seems like a double standard. Women expect men to be aggressive and confident enough to just let them know how they feel even though they are themselves weak and insecure and will never let a guy know how they feel. Just my opinion.

Some guys will simply go for it but we’re not all like that. A lot of us will never do anything to let you know we are interested, especially if we see no sign from you that you are interested in us. Yes it is insecurity. But it is no more so than what women who sit back and wait on the guy to do everything suffer from. Like you we do not want to be rejected.

I'm far to shy and chicken to walk up to a girl I like (just being honest). I have it some how infused in my brain to NOT make it obvious....makes alot of sense.. I know.

Well from what I'm reading this thread isn't about trying to self-improve or a challenge, but as I mentioned more like a reality check. Do girls like guys? Do girls think if a guy might like them? We all take these almost as facts of life, but after a while you just have to question them cos they ain't happening to us particular guys.

So something I'd like to pose to you Jake (and anyone else interested) - if the answer were a resounding yes, would you be any different? (I don't know myself yet, lol)

Archived