Hello to self respect, goodbye to a friend

It has become very clear to me now that you lied to me many many times. We started off great, went into a relationship and then broke up due to your confusion of what and where you wanted to go in life. You later apologized to me and asked for forgiveness to which I forgave you.

But I cannot forget that you lied to me. You were still contacting your ex when we were together even though you insisted you hadn't heard from him in 6 months. You told me that after we broke up your ex came back and begged for you to take him back. Despite all the things you told me about not wanting a relationship during your studies and couldn't handle long distance you got back together with the guy who was VERY long distance about a month later... or so you say.

I wondered why you suddenly had stopped going online and were hard to reach. I wondered if you were ok. Little did I know you were with him behind my back. I know the truth now... you got back with him one month before we broke up and you just fed me the lies about you being very busy trying to figure out your future during that one month you were hard to reach.

One year later we meet again and get back together. I was oblivious of all of these things and you even had the nerve to ask for my forgiveness without coming clean about the whole thing. I forgave you for dumping me out of confusion of what you wanted to do in life. I thought you genuinely felt bad for doing that... and I forgave you. But now that I know the truth, I really can't say I forgive you. I take it back. You can't ask for forgiveness for something the other has no awareness of. It's meaningless. Not only that, you have the nerve to repeatedly lie to me about these things and to manufacture a story of half-truths to cover yourself up. I'm not an idiot, I have noticed these things.

Well guess what. I'm done being your friend. I genuinely felt you were still trying to heal from your ex and that the timing just wasn't right for us to have a relationship. I felt that probably we would just end up being good life-long friends. Now that I know the truth I can't do that anymore. I have more respect for myself than to let you continually lie to me like that. One of the members of eNotAlone warned me that you are immature but I see it very clearly now. I refuse to be friends with someone who can disrespect me like that.

As wonderful a person as you are in so many other ways, I cannot stand being disrespected like that. It's time we part ways.

Goodbye.

As wonderful a person as you are in so many other ways, I cannot stand being disrespected like that. It's time we part ways.

Goodbye.

Sorry, no one is wonderful. I think this is your mistake and if you believe this you still aren't moving on.

Good for you to get back your dignity.
I really should have done this 6 months ago. I've been working on myself since that time and finally this week felt like "Why am I still friends with this person when they really havn't treated me like a friend at all? Time to let go"

I would have made it much more succint. But, its good that you are moving on.
What I wrote on this post is actually a much longer version of what I wrote to her. To her I basically wished her luck in the some of the things in life and then told her I do not want to hear from her again nor will I contact her again because there is a lack of mutual respect between us.

Sorry, no one is wonderful. I think this is your mistake and if you believe this you still aren't moving on.
I disagree. Someone can have a lot of good qualities but lack goodness in other extremely important areas. Her lying and immaturity absolutely ensures I am not going back.

Archived