Bdk86
All I Ever Wanted Was to Love You
All I Ever Wanted Was to Love You

So, it's been almost 6 months since my ex and I broke up. I took it very roughly, and she moved on instantaneously, literally. We ended up having a class this following semester (now) which was very nerve-wrecking to me, but after a while I decided to give in and be "friends". She was with this other guy but would call me about odd things: she would seem to find reasons to call like she would drive to a local store and "get lost" and I would have to guide her back. She would also call me for emotional support like I was her boyfriend still. Anyway, she broke up with that boyfriend and called me that day to tell me which I saw as a sign she perhaps wanted to start something back up but I didn't take it too seriously. A few days later she was calling and text messaging me constantly so I decided to let go and invest a bit of my feelings back in assuming she was intersted again. A few days into this, she tells me she's already dating a new guy and I was obviously upset. I told her I thought she wanted to get back together and I was hoping for that myself, and she simply said "no, I don't feel like that anymore".

I tried to brush it off, and I thought I did. She invited me to do some homework with her and wouldn't stop talking about this guy and I started to get angry. She started saying how she actually liked this guy and how she can just stay up and talk with him; how it's about each other's company, not any of the physical benefits. I started thinking about that and it was truly a weight off my shoulders. It was a reality check because I knew she had finally grew up and realized what a relationship was about, and also that I didn't have to worry if she still cared about me.

The only issue I have is when we are in class, I see her looking at me in ways I don't think she should. I don't know if it is me being paranoid but she seems to gaze until I catch her looking. The teacher will be talking and my ex will be looking at me instead, and sometimes she will just look for no reason. It's not a big issue to me because I brush it off but sometimes it puts me off keel. I know I need to ignore it and not worry, but I'm just kind of wondering if it's me playing head games with myself or what. To be honest, it isn't a big deal but I'm still sort of wondering. I don't know if she finds me physically attractive or there's something there for her but she denies it to me and myself knowing that it could never ever work out for so many reasons. And again, it's not me obsessing about this because I very easily brush it off because I am 99% over her (yes, that damn 1%).

Just sharing and seeing if anyone had similar experiences and/or opinions?

You just need to stop thinking about getting back together with her. You also don't need to be her 'friend' as it seems to bother you in some ways. Some women, for who knows what reason, drag out a breakup for what seems like forever, tricking us into thinking we can win them back, for no apparent reason other than to torture us.

Let go of that 1% and start dating other people. Then tell her all about the woman you're dating.

Archived