Finger Pain?

Hey Everyone....

I know no one here is a doctor, so you can't tell me what this is, but I was wondering: Have you ever just had one finger or toe hurt A LOT and you can't explain why? For about a month, my right index finger has been hurting a lot. I don't recall injuring it in any way (but I must admit I have bruised or cut myself before and not realized it, so I may have done something to my finger and not realized it.) It's OK when I'm writing. Typing, it hurts just a little. If I pull on it, it definitely hurts. It REALLY hurts if I push it to the left, even slightly. It mainly hurts around the middle knuckle, though if I push on it, the pain does go down into my hand a bit. It's not swollen, or discolored, or anything like that.

It's not so painful that it's got me wanting to head to the doctor or anything, but it's WEIRD. I'm wondering if I slammed it in something, or bent it back by accident, and I just don't remember.

Anyone else with weird phantom pains that seem like they might have an injury, when they can't remember injuring anything?

I get that all the time. I seem to bruise really easily, mostly due to anaemia I'm guessing, but sometimes I'll be walking out of the house in shorts or a skirt and I'll realise my legs are COVERED in bruises. It will look like I was beaten, or fell down a mighty long set of stairs! It's crazy. It looks so unappealing, because I have such pale skin, and I get covered in dark, big purple bruises so easily! They don't even hurt, and I don't even know/remember how I got them, but they often look so bad!

No idea what's wrong with your finger, is it the hand you favour? Could be from strain?

Now that you mention it, yeah. In high school and college my right index finger would sometimes hurt me a LOT--usually for 2-3 weeks at a time. I have no idea what was causing it. It felt swollen and bruised around the knuckle, but it wasn't visibly damaged. At one point it got so bad that I tried wearing a splint on it, but that actually made it feel worse after a couple of days because the joint got really stiff and sore. It hasn't happened in years, though, and I'd forgotten about it. My guess is that you're straining or bruising it doing some normal activity (some sport??).

What a funny thing to remember. Hope you figure it out!

Well if you would stop picking your nose all day....JOKE.

I think you may need to go to a clinic and check your potasium and iron. That had a huge impact on my Toes and Fingers doing weird things. Since I've upped the Anti on that...I feel better and less sleepy too!

Thanks for the replies. I'm wondering if perhaps my gym workouts have something to do with it. I've been using a lot of hand weights lately, some heavier ones, and I'm wondering if I might have done something to my finger in gripping the weights.

Hmmmm....I will look into a few of your other suggestions, too.

I seriously think I do stuff to myself without even realizing it. Then, I'll look down, see bruise or a scratch or something and say "WTH???"

This always happens to me cuz of the way I sleep.

I sleep on my tummy almost ALL night, so I constantly have my arms under my pillow or head, or even under my body.

I'll wake up in the morning with something sore alllll the time, & it usually lasts a few days.

Right now, a muscle in the palm of my right hand is hurting (adductor pollicis) between my thumb & index finger. Ugh.

This always happens to me cuz of the way I sleep.

I sleep on my tummy almost ALL night, so I constantly have my arms under my pillow or head, or even under my body.

I'll wake up in the morning with something sore alllll the time, & it usually lasts a few days.

Right now, a muscle in the palm of my right hand is hurting (adductor pollicis) between my thumb & index finger. Ugh.

that's actually bad for your face. wrinkles can happen faster. heard that from a dermatologist.

I know, I heard that too. I can't help it. I can't fall asleep on my tummy or on my sides, & even if I do, I'll somehow end up on my tummy again

lol. sometimes i just have to sleep on my stomach. no idea why. just that day feels like a tummy day. haha i usually sleep starting off on my sides. after that, who knows what position i will wake up in . lol

Archived