Placement Agency found my resume on craiglist and want me to come in for a interview

Do NOT give them a social security number until you are sure you have a job with them, a formal job offer and letter.

They don't need that information until you are actually hired. I would not give it to anyone unless you have the job and have verified they are legitimate.

they need that for the w-2 and w-4 information I have to fill out.

You do not fill out w-2 or w-4 information until after you have been hired and offered the job.

Unless they are actually hiring you, they should not be requesting that information.

Please don't just turn over all your personal data to someone until you know they are legit and they actually offer you a job (and you have interviewed with a client and the client is offering you a job).

To just turn all that info over to anyone when they haven't actually hired you is a bad idea...

Also, please be careful with anyone who contacts you off Craigslist... there are a lot of scammers who work via Craigslist and searching job boards for people who've posted resumes there.

Do research to make sure the company is legit, and do not give them any personal information until you've investigated them carefully. If they make any mention of you paying them any money it is not legit. And they shouldn't ask you for personal data like social security card if all they are doing is interviewing you.

Also, please be careful with anyone who contacts you off Craigslist... there are a lot of scammers who work via Craigslist and searching job boards for people who've posted resumes there.

Do research to make sure the company is legit, and do not give them any personal information until you've investigated them carefully. If they make any mention of you paying them any money it is not legit. And they shouldn't ask you for personal data like social security card if all they are doing is interviewing you.

This is the Agency

link removed

It sounds like a temp agency... can't say whether it's legit or not... i'd just talk to them more and ask them how they work etc. Just ask them a lot of questions and see if they actually have any jobs for you.

Just check them out like you would any other job and make sure they are offering something you'd really be interested in before wasting a lot of time with them.

It sounds like a temp agency... can't say whether it's legit or not... i'd just talk to them more and ask them how they work etc. Just ask them a lot of questions and see if they actually have any jobs for you.

Just check them out like you would any other job and make sure they are offering something you'd really be interested in before wasting a lot of time with them.

I posted a ad on Craiglist for a Case Manager Position and one of the recruiters for that agency emailed once they saw my resume and wanted me to call her to schedule a interview. So it was in regards to a position I'm interested in and hope I dont hear anything different when I get there on Monday. They have that position posted on their website under job openigs

Is it only me, but haven't you been out of a job for quite a while now?

You've been actively "searching on you own" for a few months I'd say, which is totally great by itself.

Don't they say the definition of a XXXX is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results?

So I'd think at this point, it might help to expand your horizons a bit and go to the apointment.

an opportunity is a wasted day? weird.

They actually called me back today and aid that the company they sent my resume to wants to interview me on Thursday of Next week but the Agency wants to meet me on Tuesday so I can be registered before they send me to the interview. So the Agency does not seem to be fraudulent and actually did have information on a job opening.

They actually called me back today and aid that the company they sent my resume to wants to interview me on Thursday of Next week but the Agency wants to meet me on Tuesday so I can be registered before they send me to the interview. So the Agency does not seem to be fraudulent and actually did have information on a job opening.

and you are going to .... ?

Well the other good news I received this morning was I have a 2nd interview on Monday afternoon so depending on what happens there I will know if I need to go to the agency on Tuesday.

so you plan on both?

okay, let's say you have a good feeling about monday's after, but you don't get an offer, you still gonna go to the tuesday one?

Archived