I'm feeling so disposable today.

I just think about how he never called again and hung up on me when I tried to call and apologize for the last fight we had. I think about the girl I heard on his voicemail and why he called her the same night we broke up. I feel so disposable and sad, like I'm not worth anything....why did this happen to me this way, why don't I deserve better treatment? Why am I never good enough?

Well, your feelings are totally acceptable, and normal on the bright side of things. When one favors the company of another, over our exclusive company, we tend to wonder why.

It's a great idea to reflect, and to learn and grow. It is self-defeating however, to assume anything. Especially that "it must be your fault."

There are 2 sides to every story, and not everything is so cut and dry. People tend to bottle up so much that communication becomes the biggest problem in my opinion and that alone can make or break a couple.

You just have to take what you can get while you can get it sometimes. I don't mean this in such a manner as to take advantage of people, I mean it as in.. to be grateful for what we have while it lasts because as you can see nothing ever lasts for ever.

Last thing I'd like to say, is that just because this one person failed to make a lasting connection with you doesn't mean that nobody can, or will. I love the song "better in time" because it's so true. It only hurts at first, but rest assure you will again find a partner for however long and in the process of getting to know them - focus on what went wrong in the past.

If you feel that you have some things you need or want to work on, make them clear. If you want to know something about the other persons likes or dislikes, be sure to ask! Communication really is the keystone of the arch.

Bing single also leaves your options wide open, so keep a smile on your face you just never know who is falling in love with it.

its always in the back of my mind though. it hurts so bad
You are not disposable.

Start thinking in a new way- Start thinking that this was a relationship that wasn't really working for both of you - and that now you have an opportunity to make a new life for yourself.

You are stuck - time to get unstuck.

But he thinks I'm crazy, and mean and I'm not. I'm not that type of person and it hurts to think he is probably telling people that I was a jerk of a girlfriend when all I really wanted was the best for us to grow together, It hurts for somone to think bad about you. I'm sorry for the argument we had but I'm not a horrible person.

It doesn't matter what he thinks. It matters what you think and what you know - and you know you aren't crazy or mean.

But you also know that you need to move on with your life and not just in the romance department. You have some work to do in other areas too - time to start.

Why do you guys alway say "just make it undepressing" I think that if it were that easy this board wouldn't exist. Everyone would just move on, its not that easy ...well atleast for me its not. I know what you mean about just being down on yourself but thats not how I feel. I genuinely feel bad about this situation. I'll figure it out somehow I guess.

Im not being mean, but its over hun, and you have to move on. I managed it, you can too. All the people on this board have been through this and most get through to the other side.

You can make life undepressing by refusing to let this dominate your life, join a club, find things to do, find things you enjoy, keep yourself busy.

What others think is none of your business. Think about it. Everyone has thoughts. No one can control thoughts that you have. And if they tried, it feels bad, right? If you have an opinion on someone or something, it's your own. If he has that opinion of you, there's nothing you can do about it. So the best thing is to get over it and stop trying to know his thoughts.

Archived