What can I do??

amanda4487
Why Does He Want To See You In A Bi...
Why Does He Want To See You In A Bikini?

My boyfriend and I have been dating for over a year now, I am 21 and he is 32. We currently live in different states, I live in MN he lives in Upper Michigan. I always feel like he is really quiet about his emotions and feelings and he finally told me that it was because I get upset whenever he does tell me things about his past, mostly his ex girlfriends. There is this one ex of his that really upsets me when he talks about and I try not to get to upset but I always do. I guess another reason why I may get in a mood like I do is because he is my first boyfriend ever and I have never had this feeling before. I feel like I am going to lose him if he talks to other girs so I asked him to stop but then I feel bad that I asked him not to talk to them. What can I do so I don't feel like I am competing with other women in his life (he promises that I am his one and only) and don't get jealous when he talks about them?

You can't do that. Period. Its only going to make him feel suffocated and restricted because the way you're acting is like you don't trust him. He should be able to have as many female friends as he wants and you be fine with it. And for the things in the past, you can't change them and its a part of who he is. Don't let it upset you because he's yours now and what has happened in the past is over.

This is something personal you need to change about yourself. Stop thinking of the worst, be happy he's with you, and trust. If there is no trust in a relationship, then the relationship isn't going to work. To be honest with you, if my girlfriend were to treat me that way, I would only feel inclined to want to break up with her. So work at it. Be confident that he's yours and only yours because he is with you for a reason, and that is that he obviously cares about you. If something happens, then he's not worth your time.

Archived