I need help...

akt09

I think that I am depressed and it’s affecting my entire life. It was ok a couple of months back, but now I can’t do anything. I am always tiered and sleep too much. I have skipped most of my classes in the last two weeks. I can’t concentrate at all, so I haven’t done my homework. I got horrible grades in the last 3 test I took. The semester is almost over, but I don’t know if I can make it until the end. I have alienated all my friends (which are now only acquaintances), I stay inside my dorm and avoid everyone.

The only people I talk to anymore are my family and I can’t tell them anything because they have been through enough with my sisters. I either feel sad or completely numb. I just want to fall asleep and never wake up. The only reason I haven’t tried anything is because of how it would affect my family. Today I discovered that under all the spam the university sent, I missed my presentation, my professor decided to change the date! I have no idea what to do anymore. I don't want to live, but I can't kill myself. I thought I could make it until the end of the semester,but i don't really know if I can anymore.I can't concentrate and it's driving me insane...I feel so guilty and hopeless.

You don't need to go through this alone so please don't, you have people who love you so reach out to them and tell them how you are feeling.

If you REALLY don't think you can ( and I really think you should btw) then ask your school if you can speak to a counsellor or take a trip to your doctor and tell them how you're feeling.

Depression is not a weakness or a flaw, think of it as a reaction to the stress and problems that you are going through right now- and so the more support you have during this time, the easier and the quicker you will rise and get your life back on track.

Hi, i am so sorry you feel like this. Really sounds like you are depressed and there are lots of people to help you. Talk to your doctor and family about how you are feeling and also your professor. I know from my experience with depression i am tired all the time, cant really sleep at night but could sleep all day. When suffering from depression its hard to concentrate on studies, even conversations with others. Please dont isolate yourself fom others, its amazing how talking over your feelings can help so much. I am currently off work with depression, but getting better day by day with the help of my family and friends.

Your family will want to be there for you, listen and support you. Talk to them.

Take care. XX

Archived