Wanted to share something that was said by my bf which means a lot...

RoxyGril

Might be the exact catgory to put this under but to me it fit. I just want to write about how my bf just saw the real me instead of (like others) seeing me as a quite girl. I just thought I would share.

Before my bf whom I have been with for 2 yrs now I never got into a serious relationship with a guy but went on dates though. So my bf at this moment is actually my 1st serious relationship. I am very happy with him and really can't see myself being with anyone else. But, people I have dated which wasn't many obivously couldn't just get past the fact that I am a quite person but I maybe quiet but, there's more to me then obiously then what didn't want to continue to find out. Or maybe I wasn't the party kind of girl that they were wanting to be with. I am not a huge fan of partys but I still know how to have a good time though.

My bf saw past the whole quiet thing and saw who I really am a person with a big heart and can be a outgoing person. He was looking to settle down from the partying thing and acting find a girl who's willing to do the same. In high school I didn't hang out with the popular people but hung out with decsent people. But, I just never thought I was good enough for anyone (bf wise) but hoped that it would eventually come.

But, my bf and I went out on Friday night and had dinner. We some how got on the subject of high school and dating. I told him "I didn't think I would be in the position that I am in right dating you." He ask "Why would you think that?" I told him that I thought I was to quite for him and I thought that it would push him away from me. He responded back "I know your quite but I saw past that and your like the diamond in the rough. Guys are looking for a party type a girl. Which your not like that and that's the type of girl who I was looking for. You have such a big heart and care so much for people. That's what attracted me to you."

It was just really sweet to hear that cause it just meant a lot to me and that someone saw who I am and that I am just not a quite person. It just makes me realize that that someone looked past that and that it doesn't bother them.

So I just thought I would share cause it made me feel great. When he was telling me that my eyes started to tear up a bit.

That's great!

I too experienced the same with my bf. He's my first serious relationship (I did have some "non serious" ones in the past). And I'm so happy he saw past what others thought of me.

Priceless to have that one person see in you what others don't or never did/will.

That's great!

I too experienced the same with my bf. He's my first serious relationship (I did have some "non serious" ones in the past). And I'm so happy he saw past what others thought of me.

Priceless to have that one person see in you what others don't or never did/will.

^^

I would have to agree...It's that some people choose to see past something in someone to see the real person there or they don't. When they just move on to the next one and realize what they really missed out on.

But, when that one person see you for who you are then it only makes you even more happier....

That's a sweet story it's so nice that he can see your personality as a lot of quiet people get overlooked and people don't always spend the time to get to know them. Sometimes you can be so surprised by what someone sees in you when you'd think you're totally not their type.

I am often worried about rambling on so I daren't mke a thread. The sweetest thing my boyfriend though me was that he could see himself with me for life, that he can't see himself without me. It sound pretty general but I am the first girl he's ever said it to. My boyfriend told me early on, maybe even before we officially got together even, that he never tells a girl he'll love her forever or that he wants to be with her for life because if it doesn't work out he'll feel bad for saying such things. He says that there's always the sad possibility of things ending and he doesn't want to have made a girl false promises. To hear such things from him because of this is a huge gesture. Yesterday I was talking about wanting to move out and get a job etc after uni, and he said that whatever I do in life there's one thing I can't change...the fact that he's in it.

This amazing guy who never seems to stop loving despite my depression which is not easy on him at all

Meh I did ramble, the thread just triggered some thoughts of my own. I guess people are free to share the love here?

I don't think you rambled at all I thought it was really sweet that he shows so much love and care for you. I never suffered from depression but I just have been hurt so much by family members that it has caused some damage. Which my bf has encouraged me and saw what I was going through and he was the brighter side and the support. My bf says these really sweet things to me that it always puts a smile on my face. In reality the one's that can see you for the person you really are that will always continue to love you so much more. It sounds like you got a great guy in your life who loves you a lot and you seem to be really happy with him...

I love when my bf does things on special occasions that are meaningful. He really pays attention things that I say that are important to the both of us or things that fun to do together. I have mentioned to him before how we should go to a hockey game cause they are so much fun to go to and just experiance the game live. I am a hockey fan and thought it would be awesome to go to a hockey game one day together cause he's never gone before. Turns out on Valentine's day he bought tickets to a hockey game and took me to dinner. It meant so much to me it actually get teary eyed cause I wasn't excepting that at all. I told him I couldn't believe that he got them and said he didn't have to do that cause they were a lot a money. He said that I thought that it would be nice cause it's something for the both us to do together and that you've mentioned it before.

But, it's just so sweet how he cares so much and is so encouraging towards me. It just makes me think that I have someone who I love some much.

Aww that is sweet, he remembered what you said and surprised you. I guess that was a really great night, one you'll always remember. Sometimes spending a bit of money is worth it just to see how happy you make the other person. Very early on, before we were officially together but when we were falling for eachother, my boyfriend spent a hell of a lot of money calling my English phone with skype from Denmark (he is Danish) because we usually talk on the internet but my connection had failed. He's been trying to help me fix it but we couldn't figure it out, yet he staid on the phone for the entire night (seriously it was like 7am by the time we stopped talking). It didn't cost me a penny but it cost him quite a lot. Every time I asked him if he was sure he was ok with spending this money to talk to me and he teased me about it but said I was hardly forcing him. That was the night he told me he loved me for the first time

It's just nice to have a place to talk about all the nice sides of my relationship too without being irritating seeing as this is a love forum right? Spending money should never be an essential thing to keep someone's affections but sometimes it's just a sweet gesture that shows they'd give something to make you happy You know what my sweet thing for him is? Every night before I go to bed I write him a message on facebook because he checks his emails every morning while getting ready for work every day and it makes him smile each morning. I like to make sure he knows how loved he is in return, it's soppy but meh.

what a sweet bf you have! PLant a big one on him!

That just me laugh and I will have too! I think no matter if it's your 1st or if you've been dating other's, you'll find the one that comes around that turns out to be that way. You'll know that he will be the one that you just love forever...Wired how it works though!

I think that's actually sweet cause it's something that the both of you do for each other knowing that it will make you smile! I do hate when he spends a lot of money on something cause I would just rather him save it but he always seems to spend the money which turns out to be really meaningful. I remember our 1st date that we had we went to this amusement park which is along a beach and spent the day there. Afterwards, we went to this resturant (it would be like a Denny's but I would have to say better) but he asked me out there. So, when we go there it's always a reminder of the day that he asked me out.

But what I am trying to say is that it's the little thing's that mean the most. The little thing's always leave a big memory that become a special thing for the both of us.

Archived