I feel I'm not good enough to go back to school.

justbrowsing
5 Tips For Entering The Job Market ...
5 Tips For Entering The Job Market After University

I've finally decided to take the plunge and go back for my graduate degree. I've been working as a nurse for several years now. As I look at my resume, I feel that I am ready (volunteering/charge/committees, etc). I haven't yet decided if I want to be a practitioner or go the administrative route.

However, looking at my GPA, I'm getting hesitant. My school based grades on a 5 scale and most grad schools are asking for GPA based on a 4 scale. If I'm translating my score correctly, it turns out to be barely a 3.0. I'm looking at schools that are reputable and based on what fits with my work/home schedule. But should I be worried?

I can't offer much advice.

But, don't people go to school to learn? Who IS good enough when they start school. Give it a go and if it isn't your thing or it doesn't work out... well you tried

Well, at least grad schools assume that you have certain academic skills that are already partially trained in your previous education. I am not sure what kind of degree you would be pursuing.

That is, I am assuming that this is about grad school?

Justbrowsing, I'd apply to those schools that have acceptance policies based on more than GPA. I think that in the end, your experience will and should count for more than the GPA. The statement of purpose that you write (a letter of motivation or a project idea) is more important in applying to grad school than grades (as long as they are not too bad, of course).

Have you checked out this site: link removed

You can find all the schools that have the program you want, then you can look at all the details about entry. Under "student/outcomes" it usually tells you how many people are admitted. That can give you a good sense of how competitive it is. For example, Nursing at Columbia has an 80% acceptance rate, which is very high in my opinion.

Archived