Do you think its possible.....

indierockgrl

For a dog to be depressed?

my bully doesnt seem like his usual self... he is always the clown, running all over the place.....

but last night he just seemed down.....

he is eating normally, pooping normally.... he doesnt seem ill

has anyone had any dealings with this?

Thanks guys.

He could just feel on the down side.

To make a dog happy, they need simple things.

A big one is enough exercise. Maybe take him for more walks or mess around with him in the yard.

And, dogs can feel sick without people noticing. How many times has a friend told you they were sick and you wouldn't have guessed if they wouldn't have told you?

Yes they can get depressed. Do something with him that he really enjoys. Go for a ride and a romp in the park. Or a long walk. Something that he will enjoy. Have you spent less time with him over the last couple of days?? Any major changes to his life recently. Like a new SO for you, a new home, longer work hours? Anything like this can cause them to get a little depressed.

Yes, animals can be depressed just like people.

Have you changed your routine? Are you not home as much?

not really.... when im at work he stays at my ex boyfriends house and is allowed to run in his yard and play with our doberman.

i had to bribe him with treats yesterday to get some love.

Yes they can get depressed. Do something with him that he really enjoys. Go for a ride and a romp in the park. Or a long walk. Something that he will enjoy. Have you spent less time with him over the last couple of days?? Any major changes to his life recently. Like a new SO for you, a new home, longer work hours? Anything like this can cause them to get a little depressed.

Thank you... i thought i was crazy.

a dog i used to have fell into a depression when his friend got hit and killed by a car.

has anything in his life changed? does he get to go out and explore enough?

he does during the day. although the weather has been crappy.

i take him to the dog park alot but since the weather has been bad..... i havent.

I would say try to do something with him that he enjoys and see if that changes his demeanor. Give it a week and see if he comes out of his funk. Pay some extra attention to him and baby him a little more. If he still seems depressed after a week, I'd take him to the vet for a check up and tell them what's going on. I'd also watch to be sure he's peeing, pooping and eating like normal and not throwing up at all.

he does during the day. although the weather has been crappy.

i take him to the dog park alot but since the weather has been bad..... i havent.

i'd say that could be what it is. he may just be bored.

i feel you though. i havent been working with my horse as much because the weather is sub-par. but its looking up.

i suppose its possible.... i just dont know how to read that. Like i said, he seems normal other than he is somber. he really is a goof otherwise.

keep a close watch on him for a couple more days. if he doesn't improve, a vet visit might be in order. I would rather err on the side of caution. just have him checked out.

cloudy or dull eyes are a typical sign that something health wise is amiss.

he turned 1 in january so he is till a pup...

he was just at the vet for a wellness check a couple weeks back.

i tried to play ball with him yesterday and he didnt want too.

he is at the ex's house today so i have been checking in.

so far he seems ok.

Archived