Did I Just Screw Up?

adam3

So there is this girl that sits one seat over from me and I have been chatting with her from time to time after class for the past semester. I was wanting to ask her out for the past few weeks, but she didn't come to class.

She is in my group and I have sent her and the other person in my group (he has a broken leg) the review questions from class. She is the only person who seemed to appreciate my efforts and thank me.

So, yesterday was the last day of regular class before the final and I decided to send her a Facebook message that said,

"Hey there ********,

I have been hoping to see you in class recently. I was wondering if you would like to get coffee sometime.

See you Wednesday. Good luck on the test!

-Adam"

She went to a concert last night and she updated her status this morning saying how she had a amazing time at the concert, but she hasn't responded to my message yet.......

Did I just completely freak her out?

The only reason I did it like this was because I knew I wouldn't have a chance to talk with her at the final.

We walk into the room, he hands us a test, and after we are done we leave.

I am pretty into this girl. She seems really sweet and down to Earth.

In the rare case that I DO get a chance to talk to her before or after the final..... What should I say? Maybe something like:

"So, how about that cup of coffee?"

If you really want to have coffee with her that badly, then go for it.

I think if she doesn't answer your Facebook request the answer may be no. Would you be able to handle a face to face rejection?

"so how about that coffee" is too forward IMO, considering she didn't answer you. How about, "did you get my message on your facebook?" ... then "have you been really busy lately?",... she'll get her point accross if she doesn't want to go, by answering, "ya, I've been really busy..."... then you can ask her how the concert was, you know, to change the subject and get out of being uncomfortable. At that point, if she doesn't mention that she'd like to take you up on your invitation, it means she doesn't want to go. Then, don't hang on, just let it go and stop paying so much attention to her. There is probably gonna be a bit of an uncomforfortable feeling between the 2 of you and the natural thing will be that some distance will grow between the 2 of you, she will avoid sitting next to you (example, next semester... and don't sit next to her), etc.

If she ever changes her mind, she can approach you or message you.

sorry if things don't work out the way you'd like them to, just remember, there's a lot of fish in the sea,

Personally, I dont like the fact that she hasnt responded. It is a simple yes or no to your question. It seems obvious to me that your message indicated that you were nervous. As far as messages go if she does not respond in 24 hours then you have to know that she isnt interested and just leave it at that.

I really was not nervous. I hope that my message didn't indicate that....

I wanted to ask her face to face, but that wasn't an option and I wasn't going to just not ask her in some form or fashion, so I decided to send her a message.

Seems like she probably just isn't interested..she could've at least replied.

i find it funny that so many people think others owe a response to a potential stranger. if i was on myspace or facebook and had girls sending me stuff, i would not feel compelled to reply unless i was interested.

oh, and OP, yeah, i would have hit her up in person before or after class or something.

Archived