I'm having a small white swollen spot at my throat, anyone an idea what it could mean ?

could be strep throat, but usually your throat would really be hurting too (though i've heard where people have it and have NO pain). I had a white spot on my tonsil once a long time ago and it seemed to have come up any time i switched brands of cigarettes. I don't smoke anymore, and who knows if that's causing it, but it's a suggestion.

You may want to go to your doctor and make sure it's not strep...

• 6 months later...

That's what is called "tonsil stones." If you were to get that out with a q-tip or something, you'd notice that it's horribly foul smelling, and if it fell on your tongue, it would probably taste foul as well.

You probably have very deep pitted tonsils, which makes a perfect crevice for food particles to gather. These particles get bigger and bigger and eventually grow bacteria and rot (hence the foul smell) until they eventually fall out and you swallow them.

There's no cure for that. You could try using a water pick every night in your tonsils to clean them. The only permanent fix is to get your tonsils removed.

Archived