How do you make time while in school?

Jetta

Okay I'm an adult student, and finishing my degree is very important to me. However there is a big workload as far as homework, and as much as I'd like a companion I'm wondering if it's fair to bring someone in while I'm focussed on my studies? I mean I make time for my kids, generally forgo homework to do so, but how would I fit in a man?

I was doing that last year (and for the 5 years before it)...going to school and working. Thankfully, I had no kids, but i watched my peers who did and can't imagine how they were doing it. During that time my SO was also in school and working, so it worked for us. As for our relationship, it suffered, but worked out probably since both of us were doing the same thing. I don't know that i'd start a new relationship in a situation like that, but that's just me.

Good luck!

I'm a busy full-time student at a very academically challenging institution. I'm in a relationship and don't feel it suffers too much because I spend pretty much every weekday in the library at night with my boyfriend there too, studying next to me. We take study breaks to talk and screw around, but even when we're just sitting at the table doing our own things, it still feels like good time spent together.

Even if you end up dating a man who isn't a student, I'm sure he could come hand out with you while you do your work, even help you. Sometimes when I have more work than my boyfriend he'll just keep me company, surfing the internet or reading a book or something.

If you find someone you really like and get on with, it doesn't matter what you're doing together, it will still be enjoyable. Try not to worry -- cross the bridge when you come to it!

Archived