iivy123
12 Reasons You Can Find Love
12 Reasons You Can Find Love

Okay, i wont make this complicated theres a long story behind why me and my love havent met, we met in a mobile chatroom, after 2 weeks of meeting in the chatroom we swapped numbers since then weve been unseperable(thru the phone) we never really used the chat to communicate niether emails or what not it was not the usual online dating the connection me and him have is close or it was, we never did treat each other as if we never met, well last year me and him were suppose to meet, he doesnt call it meet he says we were gonna see each other, i was going thru so much i was such a mess that i put it off and told him to wait he was unhappy with it(who wouldent be)i truly understood him, i almost lost him cause of that, i set up another month and a date were i was going to go to him to make up for ruining his trip down here, now its this month that i had to go, but he lost his job and so did i have the tickets to go see him already but we both dont have any money to get a hotel or a place for me to stay at, he asked if i mind staying with him and his 2 roomates but i dont like the idea because its a studio, so now he told me something that broke my heart and i think i lost him he doesnt trust me anymore, he said that i didnt want him and that even tho whatever i do now to get to him i am never going to have him but he still talks to me, im really scared to lose him i dont know what to do anymore:sad: i just need some advice, if you have something negative to say please dont reply, im feeling really hurt and down right now i need some light..

Thanks and sorry for the long post

You need to trust yourself. Meeting my boyfriend was the hardest thing I had to do. I think this falls in the category of "just do it". If not, you'll live the rest of your life never knowing what it wouldve been like. Save money and try to see him as soon as possible.

3 years is a long wait.

I mean i think you should as well but its hard because now hes coming with all this other stuff. I dont really think that was a good way to handle the situation by him sayin that. I think long distance relationships can be really kinda crazy because you dont always get to see the person but its not something you want to stop right away because you still like the person. So usually after a long time things can end up not working out from the distance alone. Its really tough and kinda sad. Im just wondering if you have fights like this where he says stuff that could be really bad and then somehow you work thru it or is this like out of nowhere. I think if its possible try to talk to him about stuff that is going on so he doesnt keep feeling the way he is now. This might have been something that he was holding in for awhile because of the distance and it kinda blew up the way it did. Also if you are havin trouble for money look for sales or reduction on hotels or maybe motels because not all motels are bad so dont think that.

Seriously you must meet as it's the only way forward I know it's scary, trust me. Me and my boyfriend met in person a month after I broke up with my ex (we'd been contacts for a while before but it turned romantic while my relationship with my ex had already started dying out before). He had to spend a lot on his tickets because of the time of year but he said to me he was just oing to do it because we needed to see eachother I say both of you start saving now, even if it's just a few *insert currency here* at a time. At least you'll feel you're making progress. Once you've met in person, if you guys are truly compatible then you'll just love eachother even more Talk to him, start a plan and promise eachother to stick to it. Look up ticket prices, set an estimate target and work. If he sees you are working towards it too it'll give him some reassurance that you're not making false promises and you're taking action. Good luck!

I think you really should meet him, though I think you should prepare yourself for it to be good and maybe not so good. Why? Because 3 years is a long time not to have met someone and you will have built up a mental picture of someone in your head, that may not live up to reality.

I would suggest you treat this meeting up as being the beginning of the relationship and don't rush things. I can understand why you are nervous about meeting with him and staying with his room-mates. If it were me, I would protect myself by finding my own place to stay, so that I wouldn't feel so overwhelmed by meeting this man and then having to spend every moment with him. Also you don't really know what he's like.

As for the cost, it seems unfair that you should have to shoulder the whole financial burden. If he's so anxious to see you too surely he should go halves with you? Or, perhaps you could meet somewhere that's halfway between where you both live on neutral territory.

I would exercise caution, you don't really know this man, and I certainly wouldn't go and stay with someone I've never met before. You don't say how old you are. Be careful.

I think you need to meet him at this point. Three years is a long time to carry on a relationship online without taking it into the real world. No matter how much love and connection there is with two people online, a relationship never reaches its full potential unless two people make a concerted effort to interact in person and have the opportunity to enjoy doing things together and making memories together.

Archived