Suprise dates

coldplay.

Situation, me and girl live in the same town. Both have busy schedules, we talk on the phone 3 times a week and text frequently (met via internet last week). Ive never met her in person but we get along good in the other forms of communication.

Next time im talking on the phone with her i want to just say, 'hey if you think about it we live literally less than 5 mins from each other, why dont we just meet up somewhere and have this conversation instead' or something to that effect.

would this trip the creep alarm? I dont personally think it would, but im throwing it out for a female perspective.

If it were me, saying it that way would be kind of sudden in a not so good way. What if she doesn't feel like meeting up right then? And unless she doesn't know, you don't have to explain "hey if you think about it we live literally less than 5 mins from each other", it's just kinda unnecessary information.

Next time you talk, just suggest getting coffee or lunch in the near future. Plan it a couple days in advance, not just "Hey, let's meet up right now!"

I agree that it would be better to just plan something...

However, I've had a guy that liked me (who I'd only met once and never hung out with) suggest going out in that last-minute way and I thought it was kinda cool...the surprise of it made it a little more exciting.

I give some more of my thoughts, and possibly a different question.

Basically, im sick of awkward dating, coffee and lunch seem soooo, well bland, those things dont make me happy, and thats all i want to be. I really am dating to have fun, i want to find some little piece of happiness that i can experience and if that goes somewhere its cool. Im a little sick of beating around the proverbial bush, and have both people just work up into nervous wrecks, just to end up doing something that is really in no way engaging or fun.

Also if she were to say no, i dont really think id be phased, id just move on, i dont want to do anymore passive aggressive bs from either side, under the excuse that we just dont know each other that well, ive talked to her we have chemistry. Basically im concerned with what i feel rather than what other people feel at this stage, i mean i see alot of people that walk on dating egg shells to play within the rules, but is that really how is has to be?

Trying not to be adversarial and i really appreciate your comments so far, but im trying to explore this thing out, let me knowwww.

the surprise of it made it a little more exciting.

Thats kind of what im playing towards, then the deliberate coffee, will at least have an air of excitement.

Archived