do you think i got the job?

So, about a month ago I applied for a job. Let's call it Job A. I then got a call asking me if I wanted to come in for an interview, and that they would like to consider me for both Job A, as well as Job B (which was very similar). At the interview, they told me they were more interested in me for Job B, and that they'd get back to me the next week. I never heard back, called just over a week after my interview and found out that they had moved someone internally to Job B, but that Job A was still open. I was invited back for a second interview more specific to Job A. My first interview was 2 hours long, the second interview about 15 minutes but with different people. They said they just wanted to "get everyone on the same page" but they wouldn't have a formal decision until the end of next week. I think the second interview went ok, I wasn't nearly as prepared, and I didn't ask a lot of questions - but most of my questions were answered during the first interview. Do you think there is a good chance I got this job if I was called back for what seemed like just meeting a couple different people? I'm worried that the second interview people who I met only briefly won't have gotten a good enough sense of me, as I'm sure they've sat through full interviews with other candidates.. I don't know..

I'm in anxiety about it as this is such a drawn out process ](*,)

Well it sounds as though they are definitely considering you seriously, given that you got second interviews. Unfortunately, these days there are so many people looking for work that job openings often get swamped with applications. There's nothing to do but wait, but I'm keeping all my fingers and toes crossed for you that they will realize how great you are and give you the job!

I don't usually dimiss the positions entirely (where I would forget where I applied - already happened oops!) but if you don't hear from them within two weeks I would put them on the backburner.

Several times I've had people come back to me only a month later because of their hiring process. It will greatly depend on the company, the size of the company and the politics involved.

Archived