Tough day + need advice

I'm having a hard time dealing with my break up, and especially going NC. The thing is...i'm very lonely at the moment, 4 years in a relationship, and now my friends got their own life, and everyone's too busy with their stuff, so that leaves me not having someone to talk to...I'm glad there's a forum like this, cause at the time, it's the one thing that's accompaning me through this awful days.

I've broken NC several times since the 3 weeks it's been when she left me. I've also done things i'm ashamed of, and she says she doesn't want to hear from me ever again. I might've been mistaken, but she's also forgotten about all the good stuff i did for her during all these years, always being there for her when she needed me. Now i need her, at least to tell me i'll be ok, and i won't receive that.

Even though i want to be with her more than anything, i can be objective enough to be able to see i'll probably not hear from her in a very long time. Besides, she's already dated another guy. Didn't wait too much, uh?

Still, i wonder, and this is the advice part on my post...i got a lot of stuff that belongs to her at my home. I don't feel good about keeping it, so ...What do i do with it? I don't like the idea of throwing it all away as she told me to do, and i'd like to give it back to her, through some of her family members or some friend of her maybe. But i know that it'll probably do that expecting to receive some sort of answer from her, and that won't happen.

Well, i guess that's it.

He Slaughter,

the only advice I can give is take each day at a time. Tell yourself 'just make it through today' and each day will be an accomplishment - after a few days you will gain some strength from knowing that you can handle it. build from that kernel of strength.

as for her stuff - whether you decided to ship it to her, throw it out, or give it away - definitely get it out of there. no good can come of constant reminders.

Thank you guys for your answers... I've decided i won't be giving her the stuff back, cause she's not interested in them, neither has she returned mine. Besides, she'll probably take it as a way for me to keep contact with her.

I'll try taking each day at a time, can't say it's getting any easier yet, but well...someday...

Same here. I'm very lonely. My ex was my best friend--and really my only friend--for nearly two years. Now he's gone, and all of my other friends have marriage and babies. I'm all alone. Luckily, I have got a lot of help and support from fellow ENA members, and I hope you stick around to get help and support as well.

It's hard. But, when everyone here says it will get better in time, they mean it. You may never fully get over your ex, but you will eventually learn how to live and be yourself again, without her.

As for her stuff, I think you're making the right choice by not giving it back. I gave my ex his stuff back immediately following the breakup, and kind of wish I hadn't. But whatever.

Lost the Love Of Your Love? Watch T...
Lost the Love Of Your Love? Watch This!

Archived