Asking a friend to do stuff?

Mandoro

How many times would you ask a friend if they wanted to do something and get rejected (all in a row of course)

What I am getting at is I think a friend of mine is trying to distance themselves from me for some reason or other and shes turning down my invites (group invites not 1-on-1). Ive asked if everything is ok and she has said yea, but actions speak louder than words. While I would really like to still be friends Ive got to respect other peoples wishes for distance if they want it.

Of course I could be overthinking it, I tend to do that ALOT and she may just be having a bad week. Guess I shouldnt be so hard on people. Meh, the above question still stands. I would expect it to be like 15 times or whatever because I wouldnt expect to drop a friendship after 1 week of turn downed invites, after a month though I would start to question it.

Depends how close I am to this friend, and what they are saying to reject the invites. Your info is very vague, it could be a number of things. She could be uncomfortable with someone else in the group, maybe she's an introvert and prefers time alone, maybe she's got lame, embarrassing parents that don't let her go out late, etc.

But I would leave her alone. It's annoying if you don't want to go out for whatever reason and have to keep saying NO repeatedly.

Maybe she just isnt interested in doing the things you have invited her to.

Maybe she is spending time with a boyfriend or is busy with school/family/work stuff.

I agree you are fairly vague, are you trying to make group dates with her? Maybe she isnt interested in you.

Could be a number of things for her not accepting invites.

Archived