Getting somebody else

Anusha

Why you dont think it helps me?

I dont mean you but anyone that goes from one relationship to another. When you go thru a break up I believe people should take the time to rebuild themselves first before jumping into the dating scene again. This way you will love yourself because going and trying to love someone else.

When I did that, those "rebound" relationships usually fizzled quickly & I was back to square one but now grieving another relationship I just lost.

I dont mean you but anyone that goes from one relationship to another. When you go thru a break up I believe people should take the time to rebuild themselves first before jumping into the dating scene again. This way you will love yourself because going and trying to love someone else.

When I did that, those "rebound" relationships usually fizzled quickly & I was back to square one but now grieving another relationship I just lost.

Ow ok now I understand I have been missing my ex today.I just fell stupid when I miss him,like how can I care so much for somebody that doesnt care about me? I had many reasons to just forget him but somehow I still care for him.Like when you know somebody been using you just get mad and never wants to hear from that person again so why I dont fell like that?

I just want to take him away from my heart.I felt I had moved on my mind but I dont know how to move on my heart,I want to stop to care.

i know how you feel. my first true love broke my heart. for a whole month i was hurt. she took me back. a year and half later i broke up with her.

it doesnt work when you are not ready emotionally. It will still feel like cheating, you run a big chance of not assessing the worth of the new guy correctly, every touch will remind you of how your ex made you feel. If not done at the right time it might be putting you back more than you imagined.

Now when you reach the stage where you can get excited about a new guy..not compare that much and feel the physical desire also to want to get close to a new guy..then you can give it a go.

Sometimes it helps to be distracted a little..by chatting online with cute guys. But it takes you away from your grieving process and thats not good..because it will only resurface if you dont ride that wave correctly. Believe me.. and because online chatting is so superficial, being rejected can open up wounds you thought were scabbing already.

Read, go to movies, hang out at your family's or friends houses, listen to a lot of music....focus on you...believe me in like 2-3 months or so..you will be ready ..maybe not yet for a full blown rels, but at least you can enjoy the dating process again. The summer is coming..be prepared for that ;-)

i think it depends. if it was a short term relationship, then yeah, moving into another short term relationship is probably a good and healthy way to distract yourself. but if you are getting out of a serious long-term relationship, you should probably take more time to heal.

Yeah I know that maybe wouldnt be fair with the person and would hurt him.But I though on maybe not anything serious,just to help to distract myself from the ex.I have been trying to not think about him so much,go out with friends and family.It helps once Im doing those things I do forget about him but as soon as Im back the thoughts of him go back all over again.Anyway maybe with time it will get much better

That helps to get over the ex quickly in your opinion?

Yes and no.

No, it won't stop you having feelings about your ex. But, if you've met someone better, it means you'll feel that the previous relationship ending was for the best.

I'd definitely not recommend just hooking up with anybody, that sounds rally unfair to them and a disaster waiting to happen.

Archived