Started feeling like sex is dirty?

confused9

My boyfriend and I have been dating a few years....and overall things are great. When we first started dating, the sex was plentiful and great. But for the last 6 months or so my sex drive has been way down. I don't know what's happened. But I find myself worrying about getting dirty myself, or my sheets getting dirty, or losing sleep and for some reason those feelings take over and I don't want to have sex.

My boyfriend is very patient and hasn't complained, but I want to turn this around. I think our relationship will only be enhanced once we become closer physically again.

I think I have some.... minor ones...i have an odd obsession with numbers, and doing (some) things a certain number of times. Making sure my doors are locked...nothing major. And it's not like i'm a clean "freak". My place gets dirty every now and then and I don't freak out....

I think I have some.... minor ones...i have an odd obsession with numbers, and doing (some) things a certain number of times. Making sure my doors are locked...nothing major. And it's not like i'm a clean "freak". My place gets dirty every now and then and I don't freak out....

Maybe you are overly stressed and you are trying to take the one thing out of life that you actually ENJOY! Don't punish yourself that way.

Are you having feelings of paranoia? Do you think having sex will make you a "dirty" person...? Can you openly talk about sex with your SO without feeling embarrassed?

Yeah, it is not really about being a clean freak but sometimes people with OCD tendencies (or full on OCD) get thoughts in their heads that they cannot get rid of (that is the essence of the disorder).

Usually this "feeling" of sex being dirty emnates from,

1. Your upbringing and how the people close to you viewed sex

2. Irrational thought processes (OCD type)

3. "Madonna Compex" which is generally more a "male" thing.

Whatever, it's probably likely to have its' genesis in your very formative years (1-7) and you could need some professional help to get to the source of it.

well...work this last year has been incredibly stressful. I got promoted a few months ago, which was stressful too, but things are working out fine.

I certainly don't feel as if sex will make me "dirty" as a person. and my boyfriend is very willing to talk to me about sex. it's honestly the cleanliness factor.

my family rarely talked to me about sex. they are very traditional and consider sex before marriage wrong. i do feel as if i sometimes hold onto things a bit, and under extreme stress i know i can be absolutely irrational (my last break up 4 years ago).

Archived