An Interesting Quote From the X-Men

Tracer

I was in a bookstore today and started flipping through a graphic novel, which was a collection of X-Men comics from the "Age of Apocalypse" storyline. As a quick explanation, this storyline was an alternate reality of X-men, where Prof. Xaiver was dead and Magneto was leading the X-men against an even more powerful evil mutant.

Background for the quote: Gambit is in love with Rogue, but it turns out Rogue isn't interested; she and Magneto are in love. Just as Gambit finds out, an intense battle breaks out. During a dire situation, Rogue chose to save Magneto over Gambit. Gambit survived however and gives this surprisingly deep monologue to the two before walking away.

Rogue Gambit, I, I didn't mean to hurt...are you all right?

Gambit Don' chere. Don' say a word, okay? Y'know, all my life I been alone. I pretended I liked it dat way - but there's no hidin' behind a lie...I was lookin' for someone to love.

Just my luck I found her - and she loves somebody else. Can't be helped. You don't choose who you love. But no denyin' it hurts.

Maybe it's time for Gambit to be alone again...

Very similar to how I feel right now.

Gambit should pick himself up..and realize he is too cute to have no other mutant love him the way he deserves to be loved..such a waste of a strong character..

He needs to give him self some time..before he can throw his cards back at the feet of a cute lady again...and when the time is right..he will play the love game with the right one..;-)

Thats the same situation i am in right now..

yeah we cant choose whom to fall for.. it just happens...u hav no control over your heart. I liked a girl very much,felt strongly towards her but as i was about to propose her,she fell for another guy who was her childhood friend..sad! but thats the way life is you always dont get what you want hehe hopefully i expect to cope up with this situation of mine pretty soon.

Archived