i love my boyfriend so much!

mentee
149+ Sweet Love Words for Him
149+ Sweet Love Words for Him

hey ENA (: .. it's me again wanting to burst with love for my boyfriend ... i've been going through some stressful times lately, and he's taken care of me in all the big and small ways ... everything he does for me feels like it's driven by love .. i ask for nothing yet receive everything and then some .. he is so thoughtful .. prioritizes being with me ... is super romantic and sweet ... he is so encouraging when i am down .. so tender when i get my feathers ruffled .. i can't believe that 5 months ago this was the same guy who wasn't ready to be in a relationship (because 1) he had a very selfish and manipulative ex who hurt him tremendously 2) there was a good chance i'd move 3,000 miles away for my training) ... we took it really slow .. became best of friends before taking the next step and now we're the happiest we've ever been in any relationship we've ever had .. i just had to put in another happy entry ... i usually am not on ENA when things are great (as most ppl) but i wanted to put some positive energy out there .... real love exists .. a happy, stable, healthy, respectful, and true love .. (:

Yes, true love does exist! Keep him around. Its hard to find someone like this. My SO is so freakin sweet too...yesterday for my bday (which I didn't want anything cause Im getting old & saving for a wedding) had flowers delievered. & I said awww..ok... Then came home with a cake, a singing balloon lol, card & a brand new cell phone.

Ok end rant. haha. For the women reading this that are down - THERE ARE GOOD MEN OUT THERE!

thanks so much guys!!

i remember my best girlfriend telling me how she felt about her fiance .. she said "i really feel so lucky .. he is one of the most amazing guys i've ever met, and he really, really loves me ... he shows me in every way possible" .. and i personally know the guy (he came to me for help with the proposal!), and he definitely is an amazing person .. he went to my medical school and was one of the most inspirational people in the class .. who knew he's a great and loving bf to! and i really can't believe i have someone who i feel the same way about ... someone who i think is an amazing person .. but who is ALSO an amazing boyfriend ..

this is the thread about all the things i love about him:

i hope that i am a great gf to him ... he tells me that i'm the best girl he's ever been with .. as an individual person independent of him .. as well as a person who treats him exceptionally well .. i try to always be respectful of him - his thoughts, feelings, choices ... i treat him like a best friend (in the sense that you would never purposely do or say anything to hurt your best friend's feelings) ... it's not always easy being super secure, selfless, and loving, but he really makes it so much easier for me to be a great gf to him ... there is no way i could NOT respect him, admire him, love him .. the way he lives his life, the choices he's made, everything about him makes me want to be a better girlfriend and a better person ..

there are ups and downs (but very little downs for us .. and nothing we haven't been able to manage .. just need communication, understanding, and respect) .. i think it's something you have to put a little effort into daily .. a daily commitment to being a better person to your partner and showing love for your partner .. i think our love, respect, and admiration for each other really drives us to be better people in general .. and to each other ... well, that's what we tell each other anyways (;

it really does take the right guy to have the best relationship ... i really think so ... i can't believe that i even wasted time "trying" in my previous relationships when all it took was the right guy .. and then it wasn't "trying" anymore!

i wanted to put some positive energy out there .... real love exists .. a happy, stable, healthy, respectful, and true love .. (

apparently jealousy and loneliness exists too, cause that's what I'm feeling right about now after reading your post

Awesome! I am happy for you! Gives me hope I will find that special girl soon enough, too. He sounds like a great guy, whom really cares for you. Add to the fact you both seem really happy, well, this seems like a match made in heaven.=P

That's great to hear. I truly love my boyfriend so much too. There are times that there is some conflict, but when I look back it was so STUPID of me to make such a big deal out of some of it, considering all the great things he does for me.

happens to me too sometimes .. usually when i'm really stressed out .. but it resolves pretty quickly and doesn't escalate!

sometimes he just takes my hand and says "baby we had a really great day" and i snap out of it ... or he'll caress my cheek ... or he'll say "shame on you hunnie" ... he's so gentle and sweet about it all, i snap back into reality REAL FAST (: .. he likes that a lot .. says my upset feelings are easily diffused .. but that's only because it's hard for me to ever forget what a wonderful person he is ... i remember we were arguing once, and he said, "i am feeling hurt" .. i immediately stopped arguing .. took his hand and said, "i don't want you to hurt" ... then we settled whatever the conflict was .. he started agreeing with me .. i started agreeing with him .. you see things differently when you snap back into love .. i think we are getting better and better with handling conflicts .. the great thing is we've never been disrespectful to each other when arguing or mad ...

Hi Mentee, i'm really happy for you. You both showed a lot of maturity and love to overcome your commitment issues. As you know, i know exactly how hard it is. I wish you both continued happiness.

I wish i had a positive story as well, but while i am doing well and working on my own commitment issues, my partner/ex isn't ready to acknowledge and work on her fears, which is very sad for me

Hi Mentee, i'm really happy for you. You both showed a lot of maturity and love to overcome your commitment issues. As you know, i know exactly how hard it is. I wish you both continued happiness.

I wish i had a positive story as well, but while i am doing well and working on my own commitment issues, my partner/ex isn't ready to acknowledge and work on her fears, which is very sad for me

i really pray that she will ... it really takes 2 and a lot of effort, communication, love, and respect .... and i really do think that it takes the right person to help another person overcome any fear of commitment .. and i think we just ended up being the right person for each other ... whenever either one of us gets scared or acts out, the other person is there for a hug and reassurance .. we've had so many very deep and meaningful talks, and i feel that we talk the fear right out of our hearts ... communication is key, isn't it?

communication is the key mentee, but she simply won't open up to me and communicate. I have tried so hard and even while i was working hard on my fears over the last couple of months, i would still try to reassure her that i was doing it so that i could be a healthy person in a relationship with her, not because i wanted to become healthy and then see what else was out there.

While i was going through this, she put her own walls up again and by doing that, her feelings for me started to fade again.

Archived