okay, so is it too late?

Umlunguusa

Okay, I'm really close with my best friend, and well, She told me a few days ago that she really was starting to have feelings for me (April 13) however, yesterday she kissed some guy while REALLY drunk (well, he sort've forced himself on her she said, but who really knows?) and has been sort've avoidant of me all day. Why do you think that is, and do you she is forgetting about me and moving onto this guy?

I mean, was I too slow to reciprocate feelings? was it just a mistake? or is this going to put a hamper in my plans to date her? wow, this has created some problems already...

also, may I add, that she hasn't been exactly Avoidant I suppose, just, she hasn't been responding to my texts as much (when usually, she's talking my ear off)

It's only been a few days since she told you she was starting to have feelings for you, so I don't think that it's too late to reciprocate feelings. The question is, how do you feel?

She is probably embarassed that you know she kissed someone and doesn't want you to think negatively about her.

It's only been a few days since she told you she was starting to have feelings for you, so I don't think that it's too late to reciprocate feelings. The question is, how do you feel?

She is probably embarassed that you know she kissed someone and doesn't want you to think negatively about her.

You think? because she's told me of times she had sex with other guys, but then again, that was before she admitted feelings for me...but she has answered some of my texts today, but not all. I'm curious, I hope I'm not overreacting here

I think I'd agree with NextTime - I'm sure there are things you would have told her before that maybe you wouldn't now she's told you she had feelings for you, but before you get together?

What ever your previous decision on what to do was (I think I saw a previous thread where you decided to go for it) I don't think this should change your mind.

I think I'd agree with NextTime - I'm sure there are things you would have told her before that maybe you wouldn't now she's told you she had feelings for you, but before you get together?

What ever your previous decision on what to do was (I think I saw a previous thread where you decided to go for it) I don't think this should change your mind.

haha, yeah, it's exactly what NexTime said--she was just ashamed about kissing that guy, but said she won't kiss anyone without my permission until we date, in which case she'll kiss no one? lol, I guess she respects my opinion more than I thought...

god I'm so glad I'm not 18 anymore

Agreed!

However, to the OP, had you guys talked about starting up a relationship before she drunkenly kissed this guy? If she likes to get drunk and do things she regrets later on, do you really think that'll change once you start dating?

As long as the circumstances are kind of bothering you, it's something to think about.

just one thing: when she confessed her feelings for you, how did you react? were you cold at first, did you get shocked, or anything that could have felt like a rejection? that could have lead to the drinking and kissing someone she didn't really want to.

just one thing: when she confessed her feelings for you, how did you react? were you cold at first, did you get shocked, or anything that could have felt like a rejection? that could have lead to the drinking and kissing someone she didn't really want to.

I'm convinced she's just REALLY confused. she likes me and some other guy at the same time, but that was because I denied her yesterday, saying I don't want a relationship until she's solid on who she wants to be with. since she couldn't make up her mind, I said to hell with it and just said I'll consider when I'm back in two months. so the FWB asked her out yesterday, she said yes, and I'm like okay, cool.

however, I'm sure if I was to be back in June, and see her, she'd for sure want to date. I just am afraid of girls who have too many emotions like that at once, hence my stalling her.

Archived