Define flirting.

Mantis

This seems like such a basic thing, but I want it clearly laid out. Let's put a hold on whether the other person is flirting or not. How do I know if I'M flirting? What do I do? How is it different from a friendly conversation? Then, after that, how do I know if the other person is flirting?

If you're flirting with someone, I think that you will be naturally aware of it, at least most of the time (although sometimes we do things without realizing why lol). You know yourself best, so i think you will be able to feel it when you're trying to spend time with someone or joke with them in more than just a friendly manner.

I'm sorry if I'm being difficult, but can you be more specific? I don't think I fully understand the line between friendly and flirting. Like, if I WANT to flirt with somebody, what do I have to do? What kind of things should I say?

Sometimes it's about your tone of voice. Like you could probably use the same words in asking someone what they are doing on the weekend but saying it one way makes it sound friendly while the other way makes it sound flirty like you have ulterior motives for asking.

For me, when I'm flirting, I have sort of a higher tone of voice, get very smiley and the tone of my voice changes to more of a teasing sort of thing. Sometimes I could gag when I remember what I sounded like later but it's involuntary - the hormones kick in and off I go.

Now if I'm flirting with someone just for fun, like a good male friend, it's toned down a bit. I'll pick on them, tease them, but the voice doesn't change as much and the smile isn't the same somehow. I don't blush at all either, which I can do when flirting with someone I really have the hots for

Taken From link removed

intransitive verb

1: to move erratically : flit

2 a: to behave amorously without serious intent b: to show superficial or casual interest or liking ; also : experiment

3: to come close to reaching or experiencing something —used with with

transitive verb

1: flick

2: to move in a jerky manner

Archived