Success Story

spion_kop

I never thought I'd be in this position but I'm glad things did work out the way they did. NO I didnt reconcile with my ex BUT I'm dating someone new who for all i can say, already has a better personality than my ex. Over the past year i've learned a lot, as in to always believe in yourself and to always keep your chin up. I use to obsess over my ex for a good while even though she was deceiving and manipulating. It was worst when she wouldnt stop calling me for a good 8 months.

But never give up. Some of you will reconcile while others will find someone else. I wouldnt want things to change in any way at all because I'm in a better position now. I'm more patient now, confident, assertive and independent. On top of all that i'm in much better shape (physically and mentally) than to how i was in 3 years with my ex. You meet someone in the most unexpected manner and under the most bizarre conditions but I believe that these things happen for a reason.

Success stories dont always have to be about reconciling but about moving on and being happy, with yourself and what you have. I wasn't planning on dating someone but my girlfriend got my mind off my ex completely that I cant believe i wasted that much time thinking about her.

Instead of worrying about trying to reconcile with your ex, worry about yourself. Go NC and just live your life to the max. Plus it's broken for a reason and i realized that.

I hope this helps many people. I havent been on eNA for a very long time but I thought that since there are very few success stories that I'd post this one.

Goodluck to you all and look after yourselves.

Yay, I love these posts.

Success = your own happiness whether it be on your own, with a new partner or your ex!

I haven't been on here for long, so I don't know your personal story, but congrats anyway. Hope it works out with the new person and your having fun

Spion - this is great. Your success it the best kind and this site needs nothing but positive stories. I wish I would of read stuff like this 1 year ago but now it can help everyone else. When mine went down I went to a friend that was divorced and lost 40lbs. He said the reason he went through it was to help other people that would have the same problem. Thanks for giving back.

Hey,

Congrats on your success!

I have a story very similar to yours. My first and only girlfriend of 8 years broke up with me in January, 2008. I was beyond devastated. I thought she was it...that she was the love of my life...my soul mate.

Well, it was a long road to recovery and I've never learned so much about myself...who I am, and what I want out of life. I was so caught up in my relationship that I never stopped to think about those things myself.

Now, more than a year later, I'm a new person too. I've become closer to my family, realized who my true friends are, become more physically active, and emotionally stable. The breakup humbled me, and completely changed me...and for that I am so grateful.

I've also entered a new relationship with a wonderful girl who embodies so many things that my ex never was and never will be. I'm very happy.

We're still here. That's the bottom line with a bad break up. Your life will go on whether you want it to or not. Change is hard, but sometimes it's for the best.

Thank you for posting your story. I know there are a lot of people hurting out there right now...just know things will get better for all of you too. I promise.

Nice story. I hope she is the one for you! I had a similar story with my first ex girlfriend who I was married at 19 to. It took me a good year and a half to meet someone else and start dating. During that year I went from a low confident 120 lb boy to a 190 lb man (going to enter my first bodybuilding competition next year). I met someone new just under a year ago and she changed my life and I was never happier. Unfortunately, I gave too much to her and held on to her too tight. Now we've broken up and haven't had contact for 8 days now; and I know the first month is the worse. I still dream about her; she's the first thought that comes in to mind when I wake up and before I go to bed. It's hard... But I am really happy to hear your story. I hope it happens to me again sometime soon.

Archived