When did things go wrong?

greenpixie
All I Ever Wanted Was to Love You
All I Ever Wanted Was to Love You

I met me now ex bf at a wedding. I was the bridesmaid, he didnt drink and we hit it off. He'd been in a very difficult work place at the time, but decided that he liked me and wanted to see me again. We had a wonderful relationship to start with. He was always direct but I appreciated his honesty. all has been good. 7 months later, where are we? We went to a family wedding 4 weeks ago, the first time he has met most of them (and I told him I'd understand if he'd rather stay away and watch the rugby with his mates - all 6 hours worth) but he said he wanted to be with me. He met all my family and was charming and wonderful. He then bought me an amazing birthday gift to a celebrity chef restaurant (my idea of heaven). We carried on as normal, chatting and such on the phone, and then two weeks later, I thought he sounded strained on the phone. two mins later he called me and finished it. After my initial upset, I now know he felt the passion had gone. I didnt see it coming. We never rowed. We didnt talk about it. Why didnt he tell me?? How did I get it wrong. I dont know how to move forward. He was still sleeping with me, even though the passion was going. Took me so long to trust him. Now I dont know what to do!

He initially said that he felt we were going in different directions and then when I asked him to explain what he meant, he said he just felt differently now and that the passion had gone. What annoys me about that is that he never gave us the chance to talk about it and see if we could change things.

It feels like it was all his decision. It was so out of the blue. He says I have been really supportive over the last 7 months and now he's a better person for it and he would be really disappointed if we didnt stay friends as we're so close. I just feel really hurt and confused.

Archived