Ever tried to scold a dumper?

When we are dumped, we usually feel worthless and try to do our best to prove that we may still work things out together, call her, flatter her, buy presents, etc.

Has anyone here tried to scold the dumper instead, by standing up for our worth and yelling at them for having wasted all our precious time just so they could hop on to another relationship as soon as they found a more attractive partner?

This is not about getting back together, but to simply express our anger and truly get over with those who have ruined some precious moments of our lifef...

yes i have done it to this 3rd guy i went out with, we weren't in love or anything, but for the last month he was totally ignoring me, he had already checked out of the relationship and was talking to other girls yet he wasn't man enough to TELL me. i kept trying to call him and he would ignore me. i wasn't about to let him get away with it so easily. one day i happened to contact him and i just GAVE it to him. i didn't swear or anything but i really stood up for myself.

and OH it felt good i got over him quick.

a YEAR later he said sorry to me. what b.s.

i haven't tried. i just did it! lol. i was angry because he wouldn't give me a straight reason and was acting weird all week.. so when he came for his stuff after the break up, i just said hi, gave him his stuff, said bye and closed the door. i didn't mean to BE mean, but i didn't feel like making small talk. he was so sad lol. oops!

I did. He became distant and then ended it over the phone and I flipped. I said I wished I had never invested so much time and effort into him, and I'd realised that when I thought about it I didn't want to have his babies ( stupid thind to say, but hey ho) and voiced a lot of resentment that I had been holding in for a few weeks.

I then sent an email 4 days later apologising and said I had just lashed out and wanted to be friends (why oh why?).

Never scolded one, per se, but I DID write a rather terse letter to one. We had dated for awhile and things just weren't really progressing. He met someone else, and I admit I was a bit jealous, even though I wasn't sure about him. His meeting someone else was NOT why I scolded him though. Some months later, he started contacting me again, asking me out, etc. I assumed (I was pretty naieve), that this meant he was no longer with the other woman. WRONG! He was LIVING with her and trying to date me at the same time. Fortunately, I didn't sleep with him, but he wanted to, and he suggested it several times. Something held me back, though, and a few weeks later, a mutual friend informed me that he was not only still with someone else, but that they had been living together for quite some time. Gahhhhh!

So...I wrote him a pretty terse letter telling him what I thought of him and basically giving him the opportunity to contact me and explain himself. I even told him that if my friend's information was not accurate, that I would be happy to hear what he had to say. I informed him that I would give him the benefit of the doubt if he wanted to discuss it, but that if it WAS true, then he was dishonest and disrespectful and that I didn't want to have anything to do with him (or something to that effect). Needless to say, he never responded, and that told me everything I needed to know.

I scolded my dumper through actions.

I didnt beg or plead, in fact when she handed me the key to the house when her last items were removed I said "have a nice life". This made her angry and she cried.

After she left I made no contact with her at all, no calls, no emails, no text, nothing! I felt this was the only way I could really scold her.

She came around 3 weeks later to get some "stuff" (wasnt really anything, just an excuse for her to see me). We spoke for 15 minutes and she was very upset and sad that she had lost her "partner". I asked her why she left a mess when she moved out. Her response was "because I was angry that you didnt try to talk me out of leaving".

Not sure if the scolding would have been better done with words but I felt that shutting her out emotionally had more of an effect than words.

We lived together for 2 years

All I Ever Wanted Was to Love You
All I Ever Wanted Was to Love You

Archived