matching underwear...?

pinkrobot
Answering Quirky Questions About Fa...
Answering Quirky Questions About Fashion

I forgot about this occurrence until talking with a friend the other day, and I was reminded of it.

There was a guy I dated once, and the first time we were getting "frisky" in the bedroom, he looked at my bra and underwear and said, "How come you're not wearing a bra and panties that match?" And he said it as if I was ridiculous for not wearing matching underwear. Now, they were (IMO) sexy underwear, and it's not like I was wearing a red bra with green panties. It's just that he was baffled at the fact that they weren't the same color and style.

Is this really that important to men? Is wearing two different pieces of sexy underwear not enough? I never knew that men expected that from women (because honestly guys, it's expensive to do that...) and now every time I'm getting intimate I worry that it's a big deal.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I forgot about this occurrence until talking with a friend the other day, and I was reminded of it.

There was a guy I dated once, and the first time we were getting "frisky" in the bedroom, he looked at my bra and underwear and said, "How come you're not wearing a bra and panties that match?" And he said it as if I was ridiculous for not wearing matching underwear. Now, they were (IMO) sexy underwear, and it's not like I was wearing a red bra with green panties. It's just that he was baffled at the fact that they weren't the same color and style.

Is this really that important to men? Is wearing two different pieces of sexy underwear not enough? I never knew that men expected that from women (because honestly guys, it's expensive to do that...) and now every time I'm getting intimate I worry that it's a big deal.

Yea, I dont think its a big deal if they dont match, unless like you pointed out, they are in colors and patterns that totally clash!!!

besides...most guys probably dont expect it to match, whos paying attention?

like la'isla said, theres probably only a small percentage who really cares if they match or not!

Sorry, just your title made me laugh. Who was this guy? Most women don't wear matching underwear all the time.

Haha he was a bit younger than me, that's probably a big part of the issue right there.

That's what I was thinking though...in 23 years of life, I've never been too concerned about matching my underwear perfectly.

I read in cosmo once that a survey taken showed that this was one thing guys could absolutely care less about--the number was overwhelming of those who didn't care.

Still I do get self-conscious about it and make an attempt to at least have them look decent and at least look ok together if there's a chance I'll get some. Usually if I think I'm gonna get down, I'll wear a tank top instead of a bra (like a cami) and matching underwear. Sometimes that's the best I can offer.

I think most guys think like ghost. who cares tho if a guy does not like them? and who has the money to buy matches all the time?

they end up on my floor within seconds anyways. i don't even look at the floor and say 'whoa, those match nicely down there.' but a girl taking her clothes off and seeing some lacey booty shorts with a matching bra just gives me chills....in a good way.

Tell him your grranimals are at the laundry. It's just a sign of inexperience to comment on something like that, god knows we don't want to make you any more insecure than you already are at that first unveiling moment.

I was thinking the same. Maybe the only girls he's seen in their underwear were in VS catalogs?

The bras that come in sets are uncomfortable. They make my boobs look bad I think. They're either ridiculously padded and not padded at all, making them very uncomfortable and not attractive, imo.

I feel that way about the panties. They're either always thongs or some frilly thing that won't lie flat under pants.

I would think and hope that a guy wouldn't care too much about this, lol. I think matching underwear would look nice for a guy to see, but i doubt that they would really be so surprised if they don't match. I have not yet been in a situation where anyone has seen my underwear, so i can't say anything from personal experience, but I can say that i don't usually wear matching underwear lol. I could be very wrong, but my guess is that a guy who expects for everything to match might be thinking too much about what he has seen in magazine ads or something I would like to match more often, but it doesn't always happen that way.

I've always had a thing for matching my underwear! Just feels sexier and more put-together.

But matching doesn't always mean sexy... there is some NASTY matching underwear out there, especially in some cheaper stores... a lot of tacky, tarty, poorly-made stuff.

So I reckon it's a bonus if it matches. But it's also totally possible to put together two separate pieces that don't match but just co-ordinate nicely! Like maybe same colour different fabric, or colours that compliment each other.

Your guy sounded a bit inexperienced IMO

He was being a dork.

He was (unfortunately) being dead serious.

But I'm in agreement with everyone who's chalking it up to inexperience. His performance sucked as well, so he obviously doesn't know a thing about the bedroom...and had no right to complain about my choice of underwear!

Archived