Relationship Problem

crumblingspine
Inspired Post from the Total Knee R...
Inspired Post from the Total Knee Replacement Support Group for Kind People

I have been a relationship for 22 years with the same person. Over the past several years, I have gone thru several surgeries which have left me a bit under the weather. I can not move like I used to, stand for long periods of time, and I am in constant pain. The problem is my lover went out on the town, without me, cuz I can not physically do it, with a friend of hers. All day I was upset about it. Upset at myself mostly cuz I can not do the things she can do. I don't know how to make it ok in my head. It's not about cheating or anything like that but I feel terribly frustrated that I can't do it and left out. How can I not feel this anger when she goes places without me? I know I shouldn't not be this stupid. Any advise?

I have been a relationship for 22 years with the same person. Over the past several years, I have gone thru several surgeries which have left me a bit under the weather. I can not move like I used to, stand for long periods of time, and I am in constant pain. The problem is my lover went out on the town, without me, cuz I can not physically do it, with a friend of hers. All day I was upset about it. Upset at myself mostly cuz I can not do the things she can do. I don't know how to make it ok in my head. It's not about cheating or anything like that but I feel terribly frustrated that I can't do it and left out. How can I not feel this anger when she goes places without me? I know I shouldn't not be this stupid. Any advise?

You're just going to have to accept the fact that she still needs to have a life outside of the house. Unfortunately, you can't do some of the things she'd like to do. That's ok.

Just try to find things that you can do together. This isn't going to stop her from still wanting to go out and do the things you can't, but at least you'll be involved with her in other areas.

You're just going to have to accept the fact that she still needs to have a life outside of the house. Unfortunately, you can't do some of the things she'd like to do. That's ok.

Just try to find things that you can do together. This isn't going to stop her from still wanting to go out and do the things you can't, but at least you'll be involved with her in other areas.

Archived