Not sure if I should return her call

Sn0man

About a month ago, I met this girl through some friends and we really hit it off. We went out on a few dates, had some fun, had great convo, and she was really gorgeous. She did have a kid, but I was willing to overlook that because we got on so well (i've never dated a woman with children).

About a week ago, we had an issue where I found out she apparently had a boyfriend who was out of town working. I don't roll like that so didn't talk to her for a few days. When I did talk to her again, I confronted her about having a bf and she told be that she did have one at first, but that she had recently broken up with him.

Then there was the accusation from a mutual female friend who said that this woman I was seeing had tried to kiss her man. I didn't really know what to think of it as they had all been drinking a lot, so I didn't really pay it much attention and just blew it off as drunken bs.

So I saw her a couple more times after that, then the other night I got a call inviting me over to her place. I was tired and felt like staying in so I declined. The following evening, I was again out with mutual friends (both female) and they both told me that this woman I had been seeing was hitting on both their guys, and that at some point that evening her boyfriend showed up out of nowhere - apparently back in town and came right to the house. They suggested they were still together.

As you can probably guess, i'm at the end of my rope at this point....

I do have to consider that at one point, me and one of these female friends had a 'thing', and the other one has had a crush on me for like 15 years. So I take what they say with a grain of salt. But to hear them both going on about this was a big alarm bell for me.

Tonight, this girl calls me and leaves a message on my machine asking me if I 'hate her' and if i'm still coming out tomorrow night. She says that she knows that both my friends are mad at her.

I'm wondering why she's calling. I am hesitant to call her back because at this point I really don't trust her at all. But I don't know if I should at least hear her side of the story.

I hate drama, and this has drama written all over it. Do you think it's even worth trying to figure this out??

Please go with what dreamwarrior is saying! Trust your gut instinct! I've ignored mine several times and just ended up being hurt or let down. Gut feelings are there for a reason, as a warning, to ignor it is sometimes not a good thing.

Find someone truly available and trustworthy. You sound like a nice person and you deserve to be with someone the same.

Do be careful tho of listening to rumours and hearsay, just go with what you think

Good luck x

It seems walking away would be the safest and smartest. If she did have a bf and broke up, she had no healing time, so very likely your a rebound. She could still be with him. How does she have time to be going after 4 men?

A wise man once told me, believe half of what you see and nothing you hear. I know they are your friends, but the only thing bad about her apart from what your friends say is that she may or may not have/had a boyfriend. Everything else is just what they say, you have no proof.

like i said, walking away is safe and smart, no drama, however no girl. you could put one last attempt at it and tell her your still interested but you will not play games, she cant have a boyfriend, etc.

Snoman this woman sounds like BAD news. Sounds like she can't be without a man

in her life, and untrustworthy. I'd call her back and just tell her you have other things going on in your life and are not on the market to date her. No need to even get into

her issues, you barely know her, you don;t owe her anything.

So she called me twice in the last 24 hours. Today I picked up the phone. She says she knows my friends are mad at her, though she didn't get into why that might be and I didn't push the issue, just basically muttered a few words to her. She invited me out tonight with her friends, and i'm thinking of going. She kept saying that she'd really like to see me, and i'm not sure how to take that. I might just go for a drink, if for nothing more than to get a feel for what she's up to.

Archived