when to remove online dating profile?

looking4ward

So if you meet someone online and they are still actively using the dating service, when is it appropriate for them to stop? What should you expect? Not until you've had an "exclusivity" type talk?

Expect them to remove their profile within a few weeks of having the exclusivity talk. Before that, I don't expect anybody to remove a profile. I actually see it as a warning sign when someone I just met removes their profile right away, or changes their status....

So after dating 5-6 weeks w/o an exclusivity talk- but indications on both sides that might be what wanted- you shouldn't expect them to not be using the dating service at that point?

I wouldn't expect them not to be, no. I wouldn't want to see them on there every day either, but if you're seeing them on there every day, they're seeing you there too. Food for thought.

I wouldn't expect them not to be, no. I wouldn't want to see them on there every day either, but if you're seeing them on there every day, they're seeing you there too. Food for thought.

So if there on there every day not a good sign? It seemed like we were getting really close but I'm not sure now. I can see he's been on w/o logging into my profile so he isn't seeing me on there.

So if there on there every day not a good sign? It seemed like we were getting really close but I'm not sure now. I can see he's been on w/o logging into my profile so he isn't seeing me on there.

But you're still logging on too. What's the difference? Just because you're being sneaky about it doesn't make it any different

I guess cause I'm not using it to contact anyone (my profile shows an inactive for 3 weeks)- whereas he is still logging in and contacting people

Are you sure he's contacting people? I still log onto mine (though i've only been seeing someone casually for a short while) but I usually do that when i'm bored, or feel like browsing their forums. Not that that should matter.

If you haven't talked about being exclusive yet, then there's no harm in looking. You can't impose the rules of a relationship before you're actually in one.

So if you meet someone online and they are still actively using the dating service, when is it appropriate for them to stop? What should you expect? Not until you've had an "exclusivity" type talk?

yep. just like offline. i don't tell a girl if i'm seeing other women until i feel i want to make her my gf.

20 Walk Away Quotes: For when the T...
20 Walk Away Quotes: For when the Time Has Come to Finally Leave

Archived