Does Your Girlfriend See You As A Father Figure....

Night Pumpkin

I guess this is the right category to put my question, because it is related to age gaps...

Does your girlfriend ever see you like a father figure to her? Like for me, my girlfriend often says things like her imaging me being her dad, and her being my daughter. The ironic thing is we have an age gap relationship - She is older than me by four years.

So any age gap relationships here, does that ever happen?

This could be go or bad...

Some girls see their boyfriend as a father figure because they lacked on and they are looking for one in a different place... Or it is because a lot of girls end up with a guy that is like their father.

I hope for you that it is the second one.

Her biological father died when she was 22 or so. She always wants me to make every single decision in the relationship, and treats me like I am a protective father. Which is ok for me, but when we are married, I want to have sex with her A LOT which won't go well with the father figure kinda view. Maybe when we start having sex, her view of me will change.

This doesn't sound healthy. It's normal to want a boyfriend to encompass either the same traits as her father (to an extent) because that's what she admires in a man, or the exact opposite traits because they were lacking in her own father, but it's not normal to bring it up all the time and treat you like her father. Are you really okay with making every single decision in the relationship for years and years to come? What if you have children? They deserve a mother and father figure, not a child-mother and grandfather.

Archived