So today i hit my 30 days of NC..

Today, April 14th marks the last time i heard from my ex and also marks the last time shes heard from me, it has been exactly 30 days. We have made no contact at all, haven't seen her, no hellos, no hangs up...nothing.

I have made a few threads on here detailing the relationship and the break up, i am not sure if i can send links over the forums, so if you would like to see those threads, feel free to PM me.

So where am i at the moment..well ill be honest, i have my ups and downs on the whole thing. I have had times during NC where i didn't think about her at all and i felt good about things, and then something happens that reminds me of her and it just kicks me down. I like to believe i am fairing well with the whole thing, but it still hurts and it is definitely not easy.

In any case, i have received a great deal of support from my friends, and of course ENA. Everyone has been real great to me here on ENA, and i can't thank everyone enough for taking the time to help me, but thank you

I'm glad for you! I almost made it but I broke down this weekend ..easter holiday made me soft. I learned my lesson as I was hung up on. I am now on Day 2 and its not as hard as the first time around, this is it. You have done great, congratulations.

Hey Casmut, you are a mere day away from me. Tomorrow I will hit the initial plateau of the NC challenge.

Similar to you, its been an up and down 29 days. She has made a few small attempts, including sending a message from her new number, so I guess she wants me to have it. It wasn't a breakup on bad terms, on her side anyway, my anger toward what she has done never really subsides enough that I want to see her or have any contact. Have never been close to breaking NC.

I still find it hard to believe that even if she was withdrawing at the very end, that she was able to start anew with someone else. I thought the bond her and I had meant way more to her than it obviously did.

I might add, that while all of us here sit around thinking how can we go on with our lives minus this person....well, we are all doing it, you and I for a month each. So its doable. The only thing I worry about is if there indeed is nobody else in my future, then regret over this will never leave me. Then again, there is more than enough that she did wrong in the relationship (not that I didn't make mistakes) to harp on and know I am better off.

Good, Casmut! I wish you well, and like uj2004 says, we are all carrying on, each day, even if we think we can't.

With each day of NC, my image of the past relationship changes, with the figure of my self growing stronger and everything else fading, representing my emotional reaction I guess. I can feel more positive about changes now, because I haven't lost my self after all and feel more supported by the past. Does this make sense? I am only at day 6, and am looking forward to continued healing.

Thank you for the replies and well wishes. Likewise on that, i wish the best for you all as well.

CoCo, i know how you feel. When the initial break up happened i had NC for 9 days till i sent her a text while i was on base to which she basically ignored me(she replied by text the next day, she basically didn't say anything). After that the cycle of NC started over, and here i am one month later hehe. I like to think that the person that makes the attempt to contact throws the ball in their ex's court, just as long as NC is held on to afterwards (if that makes any sense).

Uj2004 continue to stay strong my friend, i know its hard..and by the sounds of it, you and i can relate real well on things. I have read some of your other threads, and things do sound a bit similar. I will tell you this though my friend, there is someone out there for you, don't have doubt in that.

Journeynow, it all makes perfect sense. The most important thing for all of us to remember is to make sure we value ourselves and try to look ahead and be positive, more thought and energy into the ex only takes away from our healing.

Continue to stay strong all, we are all doing it.

Archived