Do you ever feel this way?

Rose21

I don't know how to describe it, but lately I have just been feeling totaly secure and content in my relationship.

Usualy I'm worried and insecure and thinking there is always something wrong, but I just haven't been thinking about that now!

I have a lovely weekend with my boyfriend, and I really enjoyed his company.

I've just been think that I'm SO blessed and lucky to of found him. It just amazes me how we came accross eachother.

I re-connected with a friend that I hadnt spoken to in 2 yrs over myspace. I hung out with her and her friends for a few times, then one of her guy friends invitied me to a party. I didn't really want to go, but I didn't have anything better to do. I met my boyfriend there. We instantly connected (he was friends with the guy my friend was friends with) And we instantly hit it off. He ended up taking me home, because he was the only other sober one besides me and I didn't drive. We exchanged numbers, went on a date the following day, and became official 4 days after that and have been together now 13.5 months!

I was just thinking "why me? I'm so weird. What made me so special to be blessed with someone so amazing?"

He's just so special, and makes me feel like I can walk on air. I truly am blessed and estatic that I have someone as wonderful as him to call my own and in my life.

It just seems beyond belief at times. Sometimes it's hard to fall asleep, because I know reality is better then my dreams=)

I just had to write how blessed I felt....

Has anyone else felt this way before?

Thanks guys!

We've had rough times and our spats every now and then, but it seems no matter how bad they get it doesn't take us long to get over them and move on. We can get eachother out of anything, and he lends me endless support.

He acts like my boyfriend, best friend, lover, counsler, and dad all in one! lol.

I've dated ALOT of people. And never in my life have I had fit me so well like a puzzle! He completes me, and he's everything I'm not. All of the things that I'm weak or struggle at, he excells in them and can help me. Same with vise versa with my strengths and his weaknesses.

He always makes me laugh. I tell him his goofiness bugs the crap out of me, but deep down I love it

I even enjoy the pet name he gave me "Stinky" even though I say I dont lol

I almost always feel content in my relationship.

What can I say? He's my rock. The only person and situation that is truly stable in my life. My family is full of unpredictable and manic persons. My friends and activities are constantly changing. Heck, my major, which I thought was set in stone, is changing.

I know it sounds pathetic (and it kind of is)....but, I spend my whole day trying to get through it as quickly (and painlessly) as possible, just so I can climb into bed and call him as soon in a day as possible.

Oddly enough...our relationship happened over a series of (at the time) horrible events that somehow led us together. I'd like to think that all the bad things in my life just led me to him. That they were meant to be. It's nice to think that way.

^^^ Same here.

I've always felt secure, and trust has never been questioned or doubted right from the start.

The relationship started off slow but I was just in disbelief that someone could be this amazing and a relationship with someone could be this good, and straightforward and committed.

I think this is what people were trying to tell you Rose when you were having problems with those messages on Facebook. The security should be there where something like that makes you laugh and click delete.

i used to be so in love with a girl when i was your age. thought we'd never part and blessed the stars i found her. so glad we didn't get married. when i look back, i had absolutely no clue who i was.

one thing, not trying to put you down rose, but you seem to post stuff like this a lot. i hope it works out for you and you aren't just trying to validate something somehow.

One of my absolute most BIGGEST pet peeves is when elders (expec ones that arn't even a decade older then I am)

Say things like, "Oh I remember what it was like at your age. Ah such bliss"

"You think you're in love, but just wait. I thought so too."

They arnt ME. They can only speak based on their own opinion.

It's okay to give advice, but the kind I can't stand is when they basically talk down to you and try to make it seem like they know more.

Which is what is going on here.

Things change alot from your teens until your mid 20s... I am only 21 but I have changed alot since I was 19.. Of course you aren't going to understand this because you haven't experienced it yet.

Things change alot from your teens until your mid 20s... I am only 21 but I have changed alot since I was 19.. Of course you aren't going to understand this because you haven't experienced it yet.

same here. i am only 21 and there is a WORLD of difference from when i was 19. or even when i was 16. it's just 3 or 4 years but it changes a young person a lot.

It does, but it also depends on the individual.

I dont think it's right for someone to make it seem like they have way more experience and just because theyre first love didn;t work out, it means it;s the same for all the other young people.

TOTALY not true.

That;s what bothers me.

same here. i am only 21 and there is a WORLD of difference from when i was 19. or even when i was 16. it's just 3 or 4 years but it changes a young person a lot.

Hell the year between me being 20 and then turning 21 was such a whirlwind and I changed so much. I had already experienced so much already at such a young age (Losing a parent, having a child, being a single parent on top of working 50+ hours just to survive and so many other things) I was amazed at how much things could change it just 1 year even after experiencing so many things early on.

i don't think that's what people are trying to tell you. they're just telling you their experience. not telling you to break up with your bf or anything. it's good to know these things happen in reality. but that could keep you from making mistakes and it could help you make your own relationship better. it's not like people are trying to ruin your relationship.

I hated when people told me I didn't know what I was talking about when I was 19. I'm only 26 and now I realize they were right. Don't be so hard on ghost. You don't know what he's gone through. He knows what he's talking about. You're 19. You're still young. It may not be bliss with your boyfriend forever. You have to be prepared for that if it does happen (notice I said "if" and not "when"). Don't be naïve.

Doubt it. I was told her was 20.

And it doesn't really matter. 27 compared to 20? That's 7 years. The way he talks, he's like in his 60's and has seen the world there and back.

I know 27 year olds who are quite immature and have no experience. Heck, I even dated a 28 year old and I had to speak DOWN to him.

Age doesn't mean everything.

20 and 27 is a huge difference in experience and maturity on most levels for the majority of the population. and when i say majority i mean like 90%+. i had no idea who i was until about 24/25. and yes, i only gave my own experience just like YOUR own experience was dating an immature 28 yr old.

One of my absolute most BIGGEST pet peeves is when elders (expec ones that arn't even a decade older then I am)

Say things like, "Oh I remember what it was like at your age. Ah such bliss"

"You think you're in love, but just wait. I thought so too."

They arnt ME. They can only speak based on their own opinion.

It's okay to give advice, but the kind I can't stand is when they basically talk down to you and try to make it seem like they know more.

Which is what is going on here.

i never talked down to you. if you are concerned with that, then i would say you do have some insecurity still in this relationship. again, an opinion.

Sorry, I meant they can only speak on their own EXPERIENCE.

Now, if they had ended up with a spouse they were with since they were 17, they couldnt really say that now could they?

It depends on the person!

i was with a girl for 4.5 years back in those ages. and i have been through a lot since then. i learned a lot from that girl as well. and someone with someone since 17 is extremely rare these days. it's like 5% or less.

you started a thread on the internet, i gave some perspective based on experience and collective experience as well as praise. no need to get upset.

It's all relative, I guess. Although as I'm thirty-something, that means I'm the smartest person on this thread

It's nice that you are happy in your relationship, Rose. I hope that things work out for you. I guess people who are a bit older are saying that first love is very very sweet, but it tends to not last forever; you and your boyfriend can be the exception to the rule though!!

It's all relative, I guess. Although as I'm thirty-something, that means I'm the smartest person on this thread

It's nice that you are happy in your relationship, Rose. I hope that things work out for you. I guess people who are a bit older are saying that first love is very very sweet, but it tends to not last forever; you and your boyfriend can be the exception to the rule though!!

Archived