Silent Treatment

franks0920

I have been in a relationship with a guy for a year and a half. Recently he has been distant and I have been giving him his space while still being available and around. But finally I asked him if I did something wrong or something that upset him, but he did not say anything but he was sorry for being distant and that he was working on a list of what he wanted in a relationship (a list that was supposed to be worked on over 3 months ago.)

Since he has told me this I just haven't talked to him or texted. I feel irritated because he has been acting distant for a couple weeks. I just do not think that pulling back and not saying anything until I bring it up is how to conduct a relationship.

Am I wrong to just be silent with him? I am not saying anything and neither is he.

I would confront him on it. Nothing too rash, nothing too forced. Just ask him if he can at least explain what is on the list, and why it requires him being so distant with you. I think you deserve at least that much, being you've been in a relationship with him for over a year.

TALK to him...

not by PHONE

not by TEXT

not by EMAIL

in person, CALMLY, RATIONALLY and ease into it....

do not attack him with it, ambush him, or demand it....

if after making him converse with you, face to face, and you calmly explain your needs and wants, if he doesn't give you a logical, clear reason...you make the decision as to what you should do.

All I Ever Wanted Was to Love You
All I Ever Wanted Was to Love You

Archived