Did I just dodge having a UTI?

Puma

Normally I urinate directly after having sex, but after having sex recently I didn't feel the need to go and waited until I got home (about 40 minutes away) to use the bathroom. When I went, it had that distinctively painful burn, and when I wiped I saw a very very faint bit of light blood on the tissue. I went later again that night and then the following morning, and it still stung.

The next day at work I made sure to drink tons and tons of fluids just to make myself go. The first time stung, but the rest of my trips to the restroom were perfectly normal and I was completely pain free. I'm still fine as of today.

So, did I just evade a UTI? I've managed to do this in the past by peeing immediately after sex but this time around I truly felt as if I was about to have one. Was it the fact that I hydrated more the next day and peed a lot?

Yep, I'm arranging an appointment with a clinic pretty soon just to make sure. I was drinking tons of cranberry juice (although it's mostly concentrate) and water yesterday... I've been perfectly normal since then.

I used to get UTI's every other month (and Im not exaggerating). My Dr. told me you have an hr window after sex to use the bathroom and avoid an infection. The stinging and blood could have been from the sex alone. Is the blood in your urine or you just noticed it from wipping? If you have blood in your urine, you need to see a Dr immediately. That could be something more serious.

^^ That's what I'm assuming, there were lots of rough play involved.

I used to get UTI's every other month (and Im not exaggerating). My Dr. told me you have an hr window after sex to use the bathroom and avoid an infection. The stinging and blood could have been from the sex alone. Is the blood in your urine or you just noticed it from wipping? If you have blood in your urine, you need to see a Dr immediately. That could be something more serious.

Ah, I was just about to ask if there was a certain time window too. Yes, the faint blood was just from wiping, there were none in my urine. Yesterday and today my peeing has gone back to normal and I'm showing no symptoms of having a UTI.

^^ That's what I'm assuming, there were lots of rough play involved.

Ah, I was just about to ask if there was a certain time window too. Yes, the faint blood was just from wiping, there were none in my urine. Yesterday and today my peeing has gone back to normal and I'm showing no symptoms of having a UTI.

Thats good. drinking lots of fluids. UTI's can be realllly painful.

Are you making an appointment? I just got over my first UTI a week ago. I went to the doctor because I was having some pain when I urinated, but no other symptoms. the pain would come and it would go and I just didn't think anything of it. Then I noticed small amounts of blood when I wiped. I went to the doc and he said I had a severe UTI. He said he was surpised I wasn't hospitalized with a kidney infection because it was so bad. I was neary asymptomatic

Archived